Hi from Royston

Racingt

Oct 15, 2018
Royston
Hi all, newbie to the forum here, just wanting to understand this new trend, considering an eMTB, not sure if it for me though. Will it make me smile??
Test ride soon, hopefully...

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Its like MTBing on steroids - on gentle climbs you dont even realise you are going uphill, and on steep climbs you can "rag it up" at 12-16 mph when normally only 3-5 mph is possible for fit people. It transforms the trails you are used to.

After climbing comes the downhill fun and you are not as knackered so you have more energy to have fun on the downhills.

For this reason I would rule Hard tails out and get the longest travel you can afford.

Spec level for weight savings is not important - like you are used to, for example a deore kitted bike will be just as fast as a XT kitted bike.

The only anomoly on all ebikes is that they come with the modern "granny" ring ie 42T or 46T rear cassette large sprocket - so use this to talk the sales people down as you will never use those gears.

clay walker

Sep 14, 2018
north georgia
Am I correct in reading the torque figures that seem to be very close to 1000cc motorcycles? If so, then they must be great to ride.
I'm not sure on the numbers. coming off a motocross back ground all i can say is there a lot of fun! Buy not sure what size of motorcycle engine to compare it with. A 1000 cc would be a hi number. more like a mid size trail bike power. Clay

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
...The only anomoly on all ebikes is that they come with the modern "granny" ring ie 42T or 46T rear cassette large sprocket - so use this to talk the sales people down as you will never use those gears.
Please stop spreading this incorrect information in another thread - lots of people do use the lower gears to tackle steep ascents and to keep their cadence high for better pedalling and motor efficiency. Just because you don’t tackle these kind of climbs doesn’t mean others don’t. As for using this as a method of getting a better price, well... what knowledgeable LBS would offer a better deal on a bike because the prospective buyer is incorrectly claiming the gears on all ebikes are too low? :ROFLMAO: Bonkers.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles