Hi from Pedro. Can anyone recommend the Specialized Turbo Comp as a 1st E bike? My Lbs are selling one for £3900.00. Is this a good price to start?

Pedro

Sep 11, 2018
Peak District
Hi from Pedro(newbie)

Can any of you guys advise me on the possible purchase of my 1st ebike.
Having looked at loads of bikes and done the best research I can I have settled on the Specialized Turbo Kenevo Comp. After negotiations I have nailed the local bike shop to £3900.00 for the 2018 model with the Yari forks and 504wh battery. I was also told the motor was the 1.3 version.
Q- Am I about to buy an outdated bike given the release of the new one mentioned on here?
Q- Is this good value for money?
Q- Is this a good starter E bike for trail and park?
Q- How does the bike ride and handle?

I'm 5ft 8" and they only have a medium left in the shop. I assume looking at the size guiding that this will be OK?

Any help, or advice, before I blow my life savings would be gratefully appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
And it’s a long way from being outdated - yes some newer tech coming out but be a while before a Kenevo is old hat

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Hi from Pedro(newbie)

I'm 5ft 8" and they only have a medium left in the shop. I assume looking at the size guiding that this will be OK?

Any help, or advice, before I blow my life savings would be gratefully appreciated.

Sound like my body double. I am newbie too and first Ebike at 5’8” and Medium is what you want. I tried a large and it was way too big for me. I ordered Levo carbon expert. I could have used the extra travel, but the Levo is what they could get me a two weeks period so I went for it. I was going to wait for the 2019s but decided getting a discounted 2018 was preferable and no regrets here.

Only guarantee is your grin will be so hard to wipe off the face!you are going to love the bike. If you want the 2019s you’ll wait more and pay a lot more. Go get the bike and start enjoying it already!

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
Only guarantee is your grin will be so hard to wipe off the face!you are going to love the bike. If you want the 2019s you’ll wait more and pay a lot more. Go get the bike and start enjoying it already![/QUOTE]

Do it you won't regret it ??

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I would probably wait a week to see what they announce. That said, I love my kenevo

Pedro

Sep 11, 2018
Peak District
Sound like my body double. I am newbie too and first Ebike at 5’8” and Medium is what you want. I tried a large and it was way too big for me. I ordered Levo carbon expert. I could have used the extra travel, but the Levo is what they could get me a two weeks period so I went for it. I was going to wait for the 2019s but decided getting a discounted 2018 was preferable and no regrets here.

Only guarantee is your grin will be so hard to wipe off the face!you are going to love the bike. If you want the 2019s you’ll wait more and pay a lot more. Go get the bike and start enjoying it already!

Great advice and reassuring to know its a fair deal. I'm going to take your advice and prepare the grin in readiness for my 1st ride. Thanks again for info.

Pedro

Sep 11, 2018
Peak District
And it’s a long way from being outdated - yes some newer tech coming out but be a while before a Kenevo is old hat

Great news and thanks for your help in making the decision to buy. Looking forward to my 1st ride when delivered.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles