Hi from Norway!

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
Just joined today. I’m currently not a Emtb owner but have placed my order for 2018. And I can’t wait to take it out for a spin when I get it.

BR Jonas

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
:unsure:Ok , the suspense is killing me........so........I got 10 bob on...it's ...............a........................ Focus Sam 2 ?

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
One like this :p
1516730542897.png

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
Probably mid May. But I think the wait is worth it. This one ticked all my boxes Shimano motor = shorter chain stay, 2,8” tire best fork and shock, nice long travel.

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
Probably mid May. But I think the wait is worth it. This one ticked all my boxes Shimano motor = shorter chain stay, 2,8” tire best fork and shock, nice long travel.
Yes it certainly does look good, and defo worth the wait:D

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
Hey Jonas

:unsure: I Can't find anything about a coil shock , i'm probably looking at the wrong model :rolleyes: Can you post a link so I can have a proper look at one :)

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Dev
Nope it’s a Devinci AC XT. I made an huge matrix comparing different bikes in August/September 2017 and ended up ordering Cube Stereo 160 Hybrid Action Team. But as the months went by and I couldn’t get a order confirmation with a delivery date i cancel the Cube second week 2018 and 10 minutes later i had ordered the Devinci ?
Devinci makes great bikes. I used to ride the Wilson DH bike.

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
I’m really excited to trying it out. Only tried a e-Ghost and a Mondraker e-crafty before.

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
Ok get it now :rolleyes:

Why they are showing the air shock when it's spec'd with a coil makes no sense but hey ho.

Yep that is a weapon....:p

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
Ok get it now :rolleyes:

Why they are showing the air shock when it's spec'd with a coil makes no sense but hey ho.

Yep that is a weapon....:p

The reason is probably that they only have prototypes for testing and no production bikes are ready for marketing photos, hence only one picture from one angle. Computer made I guess.

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
The reason is probably that they only have prototypes for testing and no production bikes are ready for marketing photos, hence only one picture from one angle. Computer made I guess.
I thought there was very little info on it, I can't even find a single test review :D You are brave ordering with such little info :eek:

I don't think for a minute you will be disappointed in any way shape or form and as, Al Boneto say's they make great bikes, being a dealer he would know!

Fair play, to you, brilliant.

Looking forward to hearing all about it as info get's released :cool:

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
Hey Jonash

If it ride's like the 2018 Spartan :devilish:..........that I think i'ts based on :p

1:20 onward ..................................................

Seric

Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
Norway
I thought there was very little info on it, I can't even find a single test review :D You are brave ordering with such little info :eek:

I don't think for a minute you will be disappointed in any way shape or form and as, Al Boneto say's they make great bikes, being a dealer he would know!

Fair play, to you, brilliant.

Looking forward to hearing all about it as info get's released :cool:

Might be that JonasH was a bit affected by me ;) I too are ending up with a Devinci, but the DC XT version. Hoping a more trail-style bike will make me keep up with JonasH on the way up, but still smoke him(I wish) on the way down. Gravity works, and I have the gravity part on my side :p:cool:.

I've had 2 e-bikes, a e-fatbike last winter, and an e-mtb for the summer. Did decide to order a new one, and the Devinci ticked all my boxes. I've owned 5 different Devinci Split pivot bikes, and comparing to many other brands, they are very good at dialing their suspension. Having close cooperation with mr Dave Weagle is a major plus! My current e-bike is an E-Crafty XR, and it is a fast'n fun BIG bike, but has some faults that I belive the AC and DC will outperform. Even though Devinci is not as loong as the Mondraker, the AC/DC is more in the ballpark I find my self most comfortable in. The E-crafty suspension cinematics was not ideal for my weight. harsh in the top, great in midstroke at speed, but blows though the last part of travel too easy ending in some hard bottomouts on small drops/jumps. Also due to the suspension location it has limits on the dropperpost for a guy with short legs.

Here is a list of the attributes of the Devinci that made me "jump for joy"

- very up to date geo, with loong reach, low standover and room for long dropper, short CS (for an e-bike), long-low-slack
- great specs, including e-bike spec parst (wheels + forks)
- aluminium (devinci-alu :) )
- Split pivot and known for great suspension-kinematics.
- Shimano motor (love my bosch, but it limits how a bike can be designed)
- Devinci - for the love of bikes

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
Might be that JonasH was a bit affected by me ;) I too are ending up with a Devinci, but the DC XT version. Hoping a more trail-style bike will make me keep up with JonasH on the way up, but still smoke him(I wish) on the way down. Gravity works, and I have the gravity part on my side :p:cool:.

I've had 2 e-bikes, a e-fatbike last winter, and an e-mtb for the summer. Did decide to order a new one, and the Devinci ticked all my boxes. I've owned 5 different Devinci Split pivot bikes, and comparing to many other brands, they are very good at dialing their suspension. Having close cooperation with mr Dave Weagle is a major plus! My current e-bike is an E-Crafty XR, and it is a fast'n fun BIG bike, but has some faults that I belive the AC and DC will outperform. Even though Devinci is not as loong as the Mondraker, the AC/DC is more in the ballpark I find my self most comfortable in. The E-crafty suspension cinematics was not ideal for my weight. harsh in the top, great in midstroke at speed, but blows though the last part of travel too easy ending in some hard bottomouts on small drops/jumps. Also due to the suspension location it has limits on the dropperpost for a guy with short legs.

Here is a list of the attributes of the Devinci that made me "jump for joy"

- very up to date geo, with loong reach, low standover and room for long dropper, short CS (for an e-bike), long-low-slack
- great specs, including e-bike spec parst (wheels + forks)
- aluminium (devinci-alu :) )
- Split pivot and known for great suspension-kinematics.
- Shimano motor (love my bosch, but it limits how a bike can be designed)
- Devinci - for the love of bikes
Hey Seric

Yes I agree completely,

:DI love my current Bosch powered bike, the motor, has very good performance and has been very reliable, but it's size and shape, dictated the geometry of the chassis, on my current Lapierre Overvolt FS 700, I have invested a lot of time and resources trying to turn it into something it can never really be, always held back by it's geometry :( I still love it but..............................

When I first saw the Shimano E8000 concept I realized that it would transform E-mtb design. :p And it has, in 2017 Merida showed the way with their awesome E one sixty and now in 2018 we are spoilt for choice with a lot a great brands moving into the E-mtb sector because they are now able to design and build their E-Mtb's , to handle and perform like their regular mountain bikes.

Its a great time to buying, even if we do have to wait :mad: 33days..........................................................:rolleyes:

Love the Devinci Emtb range they are a brand I knew very little or nothing about but looking at the their site, I can see they are very much at the cutting edge of design and performance. Both E models are clearly designed to rip :p

Sophie777

Jul 3, 2018
Canada
Nope it’s a Devinci AC XT.
Hi Jonas,
I'm sure you're having a blast on the Devinci AC XT.
I am trying to choose; going back and forth between the Levo, Kenevo, and the Devinci AC XT.

What bothers me about the Kenevo (which is closest to the AC XT) is:
- the tilting dropper post (don't like that),
- it is about $2500 CAN more expensive than the Devinci (despite the Devinci having better components, specifically fork and shock),
- the Kenevo has no display (being able to see the assist level, and the remaining battery charge, would facilitate my riding).
I think I would prefer the Brose motor on the Kenevo however.

As was mentioned, there is surprisingly very little info online about the Devinci.

Can I please ask you about the Devinci AC XT?:
1. on the Devinci AC XT, is the power-on switch for the battery on the handlebar (as opposed to the downtube for the Kenevo and the Levo)?
A power-on switch on the handlebar (which was suggested in one of the descriptions I read) would just make life easier.
2. Is the battery integrated inside the downtube, or is it simply bolted unto the underside of the downtube?
3. Is the battery removable for charging, and is a key required to remove the battery? (That would be good).

The reason I ask Question 2 is the following picture of the downtube; I see 5 bolts on the top part, and 2 bolts on the bottom. Assuming the battery is removable, do we have to remove those bolts?
battery Devinci AC XT.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
Sorry I never got my devinci is was delayed 2 times. I bought a Kenevo instead. Super happy with that bike ?

Sophie777

Jul 3, 2018
Canada
Hi:

I'm interested on more feedback, photos, etc about the Devinci DC as well, already seen the 2019 colors and ready to order one.
Any Devinci DC owners give us some kind of review please!.

Cheers
Where did you see the 2019 colors; online? If yes, could you please provide a link?

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
Hi Jonas,
I'm sure you're having a blast on the Devinci AC XT.
I am trying to choose; going back and forth between the Levo, Kenevo, and the Devinci AC XT.

What bothers me about the Kenevo (which is closest to the AC XT) is:
- the tilting dropper post (don't like that),
- it is about $2500 CAN more expensive than the Devinci (despite the Devinci having better components, specifically fork and shock),
- the Kenevo has no display (being able to see the assist level, and the remaining battery charge, would facilitate my riding).
I think I would prefer the Brose motor on the Kenevo however.

As was mentioned, there is surprisingly very little info online about the Devinci.

Can I please ask you about the Devinci AC XT?:
1. on the Devinci AC XT, is the power-on switch for the battery on the handlebar (as opposed to the downtube for the Kenevo and the Levo)?
A power-on switch on the handlebar (which was suggested in one of the descriptions I read) would just make life easier.
2. Is the battery integrated inside the downtube, or is it simply bolted unto the underside of the downtube?
3. Is the battery removable for charging, and is a key required to remove the battery? (That would be good).

The reason I ask Question 2 is the following picture of the downtube; I see 5 bolts on the top part, and 2 bolts on the bottom. Assuming the battery is removable, do we have to remove those bolts?
View attachment 2994

Thanks in advance!!

Did you find out about changing the battery over? I am very keen on this bike but worried that the battery change may be difficult.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles