Hi from Kent.... help with bike choice needed.

Kentrider

Jun 30, 2019
Kent
Hi, I live in Medway, Kent . Used to ride enduro motorbikes, ebikes seem a similar pastime with more fitness, win win....

I have 5k to buy a bike with and yesterday I was adamant I wanted a Turbo Levo comp.... then I thought, normal Levo FSR and have some spare cash for a second bike for the wife when she can’t keep up.... then I started looking at canyon, some of the Haibike and so on........ I don’t know what to dooooooo.

?

p060064h

Jun 19, 2019
Exeter
I got my Levo from Berkshire cycles 3 days ago both the service and bike are nothing short of magnificent.
Even got up at 0500 this morning to sneak a few hours in before work.

Kentrider

Jun 30, 2019
Kent
I would get mine from there too, I’ve heard good things. Really like the Levo. What model did you get?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Unfortunately or fortunately, depending how you see it .. I'm beginning to notice that pretty much all of the bikes out there are generally good, the same with most of the motor battery combinations.

So whatever bike people have chosen, they're actually really happy with it and love riding it. If they do have any problems with it, because they like it so much, everyone on the whole is very understanding about it.

Yes, some are slightly better than others and some are better at some things than others. But there don't seem to be many times when people say "don't buy one of them, it's junk". Even my bike, the support is awful, but I actually love the bike itself.

Someone on here once said, buy the one you like the look of ! Sound advice :) Whatever it is, you'll love it.

I'd quite like a Thok, but I think the Mrs would be less than happy if I changed bikes so soon..... but then again .....

JonnyLevo34

Jun 23, 2019
Kent
Thanks for that, some good advice, I currently ride a 14year old mountain bike so anything will be better....

Where in Medway are you mate? I am Medway too and have recently bought a Levo Expert from Berkshire cycles. The service is spot on and any problems and you won't be without a bike for more than a few hours. Where do you usually ride? If you're ever around Bluebell hill and see me, you're more than welcome to give my bike a go.

Kentrider

Jun 30, 2019
Kent
Where in Medway are you mate? I am Medway too and have recently bought a Levo Expert from Berkshire cycles. The service is spot on and any problems and you won't be without a bike for more than a few hours. Where do you usually ride? If you're ever around Bluebell hill and see me, you're more than welcome to give my bike a go.

Hi, thanks for that.... I’m in strood, cuxton end.. going to give Berkshire bikes a call soon to see what they can do for me. Haven’t been out too much lately as my old bike is a bit rubbish hence getting a new bike ?. Holly hill area and ranscomb farm isn’t too far, good to ride. I’m not that fast and have to practice the down hill stuff but looking forward to it all....

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
Try these.....
Freeborn Bikes - Dealer for Cube, Specialized, S-Works, Devinci, Genesis, Ridgeback, Saracen and Pivot bikes and cycling accessories based in Horsham, West Sussex.

My mate bought three bikes, himself, wife and son. Got a great discount and they are already cheap.
They courier out to you, they offer even better deals when you speak to them than on the site. My friend hand brilliant service and after sales.

Or try TREDZ, that’s where I got my GIANT Stance E+1 , can’t fault them.

I spent too much time looking , missing ride time, never off mine now ???

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
Unfortunately or fortunately, depending how you see it .. I'm beginning to notice that pretty much all of the bikes out there are generally good, the same with most of the motor battery combinations.

So whatever bike people have chosen, they're actually really happy with it and love riding it. If they do have any problems with it, because they like it so much, everyone on the whole is very understanding about it.

Yes, some are slightly better than others and some are better at some things than others. But there don't seem to be many times when people say "don't buy one of them, it's junk". Even my bike, the support is awful, but I actually love the bike itself.

Someone on here once said, buy the one you like the look of ! Sound advice :) Whatever it is, you'll love it.

I'd quite like a Thok, but I think the Mrs would be less than happy if I changed bikes so soon..... but then again .....
It was me that said that about buying the one you like, and I still stand by that statement
Go with your gut feeling about a bike, only you know what you really like, it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks, your the only person you have to please.
If your pleased, you will be happy - all ebikes are good ?

Kentrider

Jun 30, 2019
Kent
Been on a ride out today with a Haibike base model hard tail, hire bike in Bedgbury. Had a great day and i see what you guys mean, didn't matter what i was on i enjoyed it. Then went to a shop on the way back to look at the Giant E1 pro.... stunning, loved the feel and components..... just didn't feel great to ride, felt laggy even in top power mode. i really wanted to like it...

Off to Berkshire bikes tomorrow to look at the Levos.... fingers crossed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles