Hi from Dartmoor

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
Just got my first new e-mtb...another Turbo Levo!
Nice to get involved in this new community early on - joined a few weeks ago, but been waiting for the bike to arrive.
Used to bike in the Surrey Hills on my beloved 2007 Enduro - been in NYC for 6 years and the whole scene has changed! What happened to 26" wheels and 3 gear rings on the front!?
Anyway, treated myself to a new bike on my return, and so went for the Levo after watching a few vids on YouTube and trying one out in a car park.
I’m on the edge of Dartmoor now, so plenty of rides out the front door - parents are at the base of the Quantocks, so lots of options....
My other love is my Caterham...

DDEFFADA-6F26-494B-A0E6-C6F4E339BCD3.jpeg

4585414A-EB5D-4512-A728-2D03B04AC7CF.jpeg

Last edited:

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Certainly the most unusual bike rack I’ve seen ?what part of Dartmoor are you on

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
like a wheelie bar!
I'm just near Yelverton.
Not a clue where anything is yet...did a 20 mile loop today (2nd ride) but was just exploring.

92501358-8AD5-4FFC-B1C2-E4481CDE2535.jpeg

3DE65E14-F2ED-4E3F-B440-C99F2356428A.jpeg

Last edited:

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
that's a cool fun way to get to the start of a bike ride!!
reminds me of the lotus super 7.
and like has been posted, I too have never seen a bike rack like yours.
what motor powers the car?
great pic's!
after looking again, it looks to me like you have fixed a normal car roof rack to the roll cadge.

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
that's a cool fun way to get to the start of a bike ride!!
reminds me of the lotus super 7.
and like has been posted, I too have never seen a bike rack like yours.
what motor powers the car?
great pic's!
after looking again, it looks to me like you have fixed a normal car roof rack to the roll cadge.

Sorry - been a while! yes you are correct, the rack was from my old ZTT, which has roof bars as found on BMW's (and others) - they just happen to fit on the roll bar :)
Haven't collected the bar from storage yet, so not tried the Levo on it - I think I shall use some extra bracing though, as the levy is so much bigger! I'm also going to look at the fitting where you take the front wheel off and fix the fork, lower it all down a bit!
It is a k-series engine (Rover) with tweaks - 200bhp, but car only weighs 500kg (without me or the bikes) - so lots of fun, to say the least :)

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
Perhaps meet up somewhere I live in Callington 15 miles from you there’s 3of us 2KTMs 1 Moustache Cher’s
Sorry for delay - that sounds great! I've been delayed getting out a bit by a dodgy knee, but ok for now - have been on 2 'Tuesday night rides' with LBS, Rockin Bikes in Yelverton, which have been great - finding a few places to ride - although it is pitch black lol.
Not got the bike rack sorted yet, so no easy way to drive anywhere yet...

Yerbertie

Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
Callington Cornwall
Sorry for delay - that sounds great! I've been delayed getting out a bit by a dodgy knee, but ok for now - have been on 2 'Tuesday night rides' with LBS, Rockin Bikes in Yelverton, which have been great - finding a few places to ride - although it is pitch black lol.

jamied

Mar 14, 2018
UK
Did you get your bike from the specialized store in Saltash? I'm close to buying one myself, and fairly close to you in Yealmpton.

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
Did you get your bike from the specialized store in Saltash? I'm close to buying one myself, and fairly close to you in Yealmpton.
I actually got mine from The Bicycle Chain in Weston Super Mare (and Bridgwater, Taunton) - excellent service and helped me out purchasing from NY as I was still over there.....have shopped for other stuff since in Saltash, and also found the chaps there very helpful

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles