Hello from Dartmoor, UK

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
Hi, I’ve been lurking for about a month now and have been trawling through lots of threads, mostly about reliability issues as I’m concerned about spending 5k on a munter.
I'm 58 and fed up injuring myself on a regular ( non E bike) Mtb and need to ride different routes that don’t break my bones.
looking at an E bike purchase to go exploring more areas in Devon.
ive had a demo ride on a Levo and had a blast but found I turned all the assist down so I’ll be taking a Levo SL out next week.
I’ll be checking other manufacturers out too.
cheers
wayne

Matt Seabrook

Jun 9, 2018
St Austell Cornwall
Some great cycling on Dartmoor. I have a friend that lives in Lydford and we did a 30miler last year on the moors and it was great fun. We most do it again soon. I was glad of the full fat Levo though. Some of those climbs are quite steep ??

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
Some great cycling on Dartmoor. I have a friend that lives in Lydford and we did a 30miler last year on the moors and it was great fun. We most do it again soon. I was glad of the full fat Levo though. Some of those climbs are quite steep ??
It is a brilliant place to ride. I’m on the Plymouth side and we h@ve some fantastic trails locally in the woods too. Spoilt for choice. ?

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
I live in Cornwall and there is some great stuff this way too it would be good to may be meet up one day and do some Devon Cornwall rides. .
Hi Mat. I’m up for that. You could check out the Yogi mountain bike rides on line too (my brother started the club back in the mid 80s ) there’s not many trails we don’t know between the club members.

RichardGB

Nov 28, 2019
West Midlands
I head down to Totnes a few times a year but don't know the area all that well. Mostly Haldon Forest or nearby bridleways.

If you set up a group meet some time I'll try to engineer a journey to see the wife's family.

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
I head down to Totnes a few times a year but don't know the area all that well. Mostly Haldon Forest or nearby bridleways.

If you set up a group meet some time I'll try to engineer a journey to see the wife's family.
Great idea. early Spring time the trails are at there best (before the brambles and Bracken take over) but great riding all year round if you don’t mind mud and bramble rash. We look like self harmers after some of our rides ?

RichardGB

Nov 28, 2019
West Midlands
Great idea. early Spring time the trails are at there best (before the brambles and Bracken take over) but great riding all year round if you don’t mind mud and bramble rash. We look like self harmers after some of our rides ?
AHH the joys of wild riding. Ha. Cool. Always wanted to get out on the Moors

Matt Seabrook

Jun 9, 2018
St Austell Cornwall
Hi Mat. I’m up for that. You could check out the Yogi mountain bike rides on line too (my brother started the club back in the mid 80s ) there’s not many trails we don’t know between the club members.

Sorry for the second late response. I don’t get on forums much. The Yogi rides look great. I am. Member of St Austell Wheelers and we do regular Sunday morning rides. Some of the lucky retired buggers get out about three times in the week as well. I can’t wait for the spring and able to get out of an evening for a ride after work. Let’s hope that the woods and trail aren’t still one meter deep in water ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles