Hi from Brisbane, Australia!

Steve_N

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
My wife and I jut picked up our 2 new eBikes yesterday!

She got the AVE TH11 step through frame and I got an AVE SH11. Both have 500W batteries and Bosch CX motors.

Our first ride was a 12km ride home from the bike store and it was exhilarating!

But we are planning towatds a 1400km ride in Europe next year following the Danube from Germany to Serbia.

And in the meantime will be lots of rides exploring our local area, working out our gear and planning the logistics of the trip.

Great to be on this forum!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Sounds like fun. How far have you got with the logistics planning, specifically shipping the batteries?

Steve_N

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Sounds like fun. How far have you got with the logistics planning, specifically shipping the batteries?

Hi Doomanic, still early days yet as it’s still more than a year away, but the batteries are the biggest challenge. My son lives in Belgium, so I’m going to see if i can fedex or ship them separately to him and buy 2 additional batteries over there do we have 1 spare each.

The bikes (and a trailer) will travel with us sans batteries.

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
Hi Doomanic, still early days yet as it’s still more than a year away, but the batteries are the biggest challenge. My son lives in Belgium, so I’m going to see if i can fedex or ship them separately to him and buy 2 additional batteries over there do we have 1 spare each.

The bikes (and a trailer) will travel with us sans batteries.

that sounds exciting, do you have any pic's of the bikes & trailer?

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
Hi kcarbon, no pics to speak of but I did make a short YouTube video of our first ride:
The trailer in the video is not the one we will be using overseas though. We are yet to buy that :)

Great video Steve!! the bikes look good!
my style riding totally different. but I lived in Sydney and road a carbon road race bike all over the city .
now all dirt tracks beaches , mountains so on.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles