Hi Everyone from British Columbia

MtBkGrl

Aug 18, 2021
East Kootenay British Columbia
Hello from the East Kootenays in SE British Columbia Canada.

My partner and I have been wanting emtbs for a while and through the sale of some land we could finally afford a pair. That was back in June.
When we went looking to buy we got the supply issue surprise! All the shops anywhere near us were sold out, so we started looking online, same thing for bikes in our price range with full suspension.
By chance a shop about 50 miles away in Fernie had a Giant Trance E+ Pro3 on hold that the original buyer backed out from (she got a gravel bike) so we snapped it up sight unseen. I was then able to find a Cannondale Moterra Neo 5 at a REI store in Montana, USA. Again bought it un-tried. Had to wait almost a month before my partner could pick it up coming back from America.
Thankfully both bikes seem to be good fits, although my bike has a pretty basic kit.

Anyway, at 60 plus years old we both had given up the more strenuous trails, so we are loving the new possibilities that have opened up!

I'll be posting some photos as soon as I figure out how to insert pictures into a thread. I don't have an online photo account, can pics be downloaded onto this forum and then posted?
Also, can you preview a post before before posting?
Thanks, Eileen.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Hi Eileen,
Good score on the bikes. Perfect for the koots. Jody at bootleg bikes in kimberely has been selling lots of emtb's if youre looking for an lbs selling emtb parts or whatever. Looks like kimberely has a big grant to build emtb trails too. I havent been there in years and there easnt much then and now its looks like its exploded with biking opportunities
If you want to upload a pic just click on "attach files" at the bottom left of your next comment. That will take you to your files and you can select photos to upload. Its pretty ez on this site. I do it from my phone in seconds.
Enjoy your summer. Be cool to see more BC pics

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Welcome Eileen ..glad you both could join the party ..?
Re: uploading photo's ..there is an even simpler way to do this from your phone ..
If you look at the tool bar at the topyou will see an icon with a mountain on it ( between the paperclip and smillie icons ) ..just click / tap on this and it will take you to a drop box ..click / tap on this and it will take you straight to your pics ..then just choose the one you wish to upload ..keep going back to this whenever you wish to insert a pic ..
Hope you have lots of fun ...

MtBkGrl

Aug 18, 2021
East Kootenay British Columbia
Thanks for the replies,
So..I'll give loading some snaps a try.:unsure:

Weird, I can see the pics I resized in Finder on my iMac, but they weren't showing up when using "Attach Files"
I use a regular camera not a phone for my photos, so my shots are usually about 10Mb and need resizing for forums.

Hmm...drag and drop from Finder into the mountain icon seems to work. Thanks TheHodge for that tip.
Giant Trance X E+ Pro 3, size small, Giant/Yamaha SyncDrive Pro 80Nm, 625Wh battery.
GiantTrance3b.JPG

And my Cannondale Moterra Neo 5 size small with Shimano E7000 60Nm, 504Wh battery.
Cannondale1.jpg

I'll get the hang of posting pics eventually.

The Giant is a monster compared to the Cannondale as far as climbing is concerned, but the Neo 5 pedals a bit more naturally.
Of corse these are the only two EMTBs I've ridden so I'm no expert!
I really wish the supply of bikes was better, would have liked to try a 27.5" compared to the 29". It's a big jump from the 26" I've been riding.
Out of practice on the more difficult sigletracks, but the size of these bikes makes it more of a challenge.

Last edited:

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
With a 29" inseam i preder mullet. My decoy is a mullet 27.5 rear/29 front and my mtea am 29 enduro bike ive made into q mullet. Occasionally i still use the rear 29" wheel on our xc trails but most of the time its 27.5r/29f. Best of both worlds with a mullet. Still agile and the front still carries the speed and rolls over roots, rocks and abrupt transitions at the bottom of a rock rollover

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles