Hi all , New Vitus E-sommet owner from Bucks

Rossco22

Dec 14, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Just joined , so looking forward to seeing all your ebikes & finding out more from you all along the way (y)

My current ride , Vitus e-sommet which ive had for about a month , loving :love: it so far cant wait for the dryer weather to really make the most of it !
thumbnail.jpg

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
Hang on your in scotland are waiting for drier weather, I think you need to re-evalute your location choice :D
Enjoy, e-bikes there great fun, no matter what the weather

Rossco22

Dec 14, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Hang on your in scotland are waiting for drier weather, I think you need to re-evalute your location choice :D
Enjoy, e-bikes there great fun, no matter what the weather

Im based down south nearer to London , Rather be in Scotland though i can imagine there are epic rides outs all over :cool:

Last edited:

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
huh, opps.. where the fuck did I get the idea you were from scotch land?*
umm err, great bike anyways... (loved mine)

(*it might have been from the title of the thread below...)

Rossco22

Dec 14, 2019
Buckinghamshire
huh, opps.. where the fuck did I get the idea you were from scotch land?*
umm err, great bike anyways... (loved mine)

(*it might have been from the title of the thread below...)

Ha ha that or too much booze last nite ;) .. So what are you ridding now & how does it compare to your old E-sommet ?

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
yeah, late late night last night and I'm still not feeling right.
I moved to a Spesch Levo, because it is simply the best put together system but mainly for the bigger battery option (the more powerful motor was a bonus), as a bigger lad I eat through the 500wH battery so much quicker than my smaller (lighter) colleagues. Difficult to compare the two, as the Vitus was a size small for me (large), and the Levo the right size but felt huge for the first month (XL). I prefer 29ers, so the Levo just great right from the off, and as I had run 2.8 tyre* on the Vitus for ages, it might not be fair comparison.
I wouldn't say one felt better than the other just different animals, both with great trait, maybe the Vitus is better heading straight down but the Levo a better all-rounder. If I could sourced a (250wH) add-on battery for the vitus, I would still be riding it.

*just because they were so funny & as I've no aspirations of being a racing god.

N1ck

Dec 10, 2018
UK
Just joined , so looking forward to seeing all your ebikes & finding out more from you all along the way (y)

My current ride , Vitus e-sommet which ive had for about a month , loving :love: it so far cant wait for the dryer weather to really make the most of it ! View attachment 23018

Get yourself over to Aston Hill if you haven't already. It's where mine spends most of it's time, bloody brilliant there.

Rossco22

Dec 14, 2019
Buckinghamshire
yeah, late late night last night and I'm still not feeling right.
I moved to a Spesch Levo, because it is simply the best put together system but mainly for the bigger battery option (the more powerful motor was a bonus), as a bigger lad I eat through the 500wH battery so much quicker than my smaller (lighter) colleagues. Difficult to compare the two, as the Vitus was a size small for me (large), and the Levo the right size but felt huge for the first month (XL). I prefer 29ers, so the Levo just great right from the off, and as I had run 2.8 tyre* on the Vitus for ages, it might not be fair comparison.
I wouldn't say one felt better than the other just different animals, both with great trait, maybe the Vitus is better heading straight down but the Levo a better all-rounder. If I could sourced a (250wH) add-on battery for the vitus, I would still be riding it.

*just because they were so funny & as I've no aspirations of being a racing god.

I must admit i think if i move any were it will be to a levo , that extra range & power as you say would be greatly received ! no issues with Vitus at the min & ive actually just bought a 2nd 1 but i hear Specialized are so much better in looking after you whilst in warranty & thats a another big plus !

Rossco22

Dec 14, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Get yourself over to Aston Hill if you haven't already. It's where mine spends most of it's time, bloody brilliant there.

Im just finding my feet , i come from an enduro ( petroleum powered ) back ground so its taking some time getting use to the different characteristics , but for sure there & and chicksands are on my radar to visit ! im actually only 5 mins from astonhill so thats a bonus ;-)

N1ck

Dec 10, 2018
UK
Im just finding my feet , i come from an enduro ( petroleum powered ) back ground so its taking some time getting use to the different characteristics , but for sure there & and chicksands are on my radar to visit ! im actually only 5 mins from astonhill so thats a bonus ;-)

You're not far from me then! I'm the Herts side of Aston Hill, it's about a 15min ride or 5 mins car as well. I'm normally there at weekends, I'll keep an eye out!

Rossco22

Dec 14, 2019
Buckinghamshire
You're not far from me then! I'm the Herts side of Aston Hill, it's about a 15min ride or 5 mins car as well. I'm normally there at weekends, I'll keep an eye out!
Yep hopefully see you up there @ some point then ! Im mainly ridding the trails between princess Risbourgh & Tring at the min as well as Ashridge & Pitstone ! Lucky to have such good terrain on the door step ;-)

N1ck

Dec 10, 2018
UK
Yep hopefully see you up there @ some point then ! Im mainly ridding the trails between princess Risbourgh & Tring at the min as well as Ashridge & Pitstone ! Lucky to have such good terrain on the door step ;-)

Same stomping grounds as me then, although I don't head out to PR way much. That's three E-Sommet owners in the area, I saw another one in Mountain Mania about a month ago.

Rossco22

Dec 14, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Same stomping grounds as me then, although I don't head out to PR way much. That's three E-Sommet owners in the area, I saw another one in Mountain Mania about a month ago.

That could have been mine tbh ? I dropped it off with them after experiencing some error codes on my 1st ride out ! ?
They mentioned another Sommet with similar issues that had taken along time to sort due to slow reaction times from wiggle. Luckly mine turned out just to require a hard reset & has been faultless since ?

N1ck

Dec 10, 2018
UK
That could have been mine tbh ? I dropped it off with them after experiencing some error codes on my 1st ride out ! ?
They mentioned another Sommet with similar issues that had taken along time to sort due to slow reaction times from wiggle. Luckly mine turned out just to require a hard reset & has been faultless since ?

Yes, that was mine! I saw your bike in the basement. Was a combination of slow from Mountain Mania and Shimano, but that's another story.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles