Hi, A new E-MTBer in mainland Europe.

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
An early June 2020 purchaser of a 2020 Turbo Levo Comp. Like many during global ockdowns , too much time and a yearning to be outdoors resulted in he purchase. Hadn't been on a bike for about 16 years -- you do forget how and couldn't face that much effort on an unpowered bike. Being a 65+ old hooligan was the reason for trying MTB and given I live in Switzerland and spend a lot of time in France there are lots of hills and trails to try. The biggest mountains can stay where they are for the moment.

I have absolutely loved it and have done just shy of 1500km in the intervening period and get out 3-5 times a week -- sometimes twice in a day. Absolute hoot. Amazing machine letting me go places I couldn't even walk to before.

I have discovered, as my wife would say, that "e-MTB' is a "new shopping experience". Early buys were helmet, knee and elbow protectors ( the latter due to the inevitable cuts, scrapes and bruises ) and a Thule bike rack. The rack is great for moving big distances but has done little for fuel consumption -- oops.

Looking forward to learning a lot more on here and getting advice on how and what should be upgraded on my new favourite toy.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
An early June 2020 purchaser of a 2020 Turbo Levo Comp. Like many during global ockdowns , too much time and a yearning to be outdoors resulted in he purchase. Hadn't been on a bike for about 16 years -- you do forget how and couldn't face that much effort on an unpowered bike. Being a 65+ old hooligan was the reason for trying MTB and given I live in Switzerland and spend a lot of time in France there are lots of hills and trails to try. The biggest mountains can stay where they are for the moment.

I have absolutely loved it and have done just shy of 1500km in the intervening period and get out 3-5 times a week -- sometimes twice in a day. Absolute hoot. Amazing machine letting me go places I couldn't even walk to before.

I have discovered, as my wife would say, that "e-MTB' is a "new shopping experience". Early buys were helmet, knee and elbow protectors ( the latter due to the inevitable cuts, scrapes and bruises ) and a Thule bike rack. The rack is great for moving big distances but has done little for fuel consumption -- oops.

Looking forward to learning a lot more on here and getting advice on how and what should be upgraded on my new favourite toy.
Welcome from me too.
Where are you?I was biking in Switzerland and France yesterday.
I work in Basel or Home office near Munich.

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
Welcome from me too.
Where are you?I was biking in Switzerland and France yesterday.
I work in Basel or Home office near Munich.
Thanks very much - to you all for the warm welcome.

I live just outside Zurich but spend lots of time in Southern France working, which I still have to Im afraid!

I guess working in Basel you can do several countries on one ride !

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Thanks very much - to you all for the warm welcome.

I live just outside Zurich but spend lots of time in Southern France working, which I still have to Im afraid!

I guess working in Basel you can do several countries on one ride !
Yes, often 3. As a New Zealander, I find it quite unique that I can ride through 3 countries just on my way home from the pub in the evening.
Did that the other day. Started in Basel Switzerland, biked into Germany and then over the Rhein into France where my appartement is. It was the fastest way home.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles