Hey, newbie with a Kenevo (vid inside)

Tucker

Apr 12, 2018
Hull
Alright boys,

i recently took a chance and bought a kenevo, i ride alot of steep n fairly technical trails throughout the UK, and my local is Dalby's off-piste trails. The idea for me getting the bike was to do double the runs done in a day, it needed to climb well but most importantly descend well!

so i have taken it out twice initial impressions,

1st ride i was blown away! couldn't believe how good it was and how capable it descended...i honestly feel faster on this than my standard trail bike, and the times reflect it, considering the conditions aren't currently great and the tyres on the spesh, and that they cant compete with my dirty dan and magic on my trail bike, shes only still a few seconds off my PRs. The bike is super stable and likes to go FAST. i got 30miles and 3500ft and still had battery left plus i was abusing the turbo mode quite alot:ROFLMAO:. The only weakness I have noted is i can get the wheels to flex a bit in the Hard turns. so I reckon in time I will upgrade the wheelset. I hear DTSwiss make a good strong set for Ebikes? and i would love to have a 2.8 supergravity casing tyre

Anyway heres a vid of my local trails, who doesn't like a quick biking video?

will get some footage of the kenevo in action soon as i locate my memory card :ROFLMAO:hitting bike park wales at the end of the month and plan to see how many runs I can eek get on one battery :unsure:

oh and I cant believe all the hate I am getting for having an E-bike.

oh im tucker, if anyone fancys some off-piste action hit me up

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Nice vid. Also nice bike!

I took the Kenevo to Bike Park Wales last week and got 4 cycles to the top of the hill with a mix of trail and turbo mode ?

Last edited:

Tucker

Apr 12, 2018
Hull
nice vid mate you wont get no hate on here

thanks dude, i was expecting to get some friendly banter, but i honestly think people hate them :ROFLMAO:
Nice vid. Also nice bike!

I took the Kenevo to Bike Park Wales last week and got 4 cycles to the top of the hill with a mic of trail and turbo mode ?

Oh really, was the battery wiped out after 4 runs? or could you of squeezed more? ive climbed it 3 times without an E-bike but reckon i could of got a 4th, hoping to get 6 or 7 if im careful with my power usage?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
thanks dude, i was expecting to get some friendly banter, but i honestly think people hate them :ROFLMAO:

Oh really, was the battery wiped out after 4 runs? or could you of squeezed more? ive climbed it 3 times without an E-bike but reckon i could of got a 4th, hoping to get 6 or 7 if im careful with my power usage?
Definitely more. If you tried on Eco potentially 6+

Tankbuster

Apr 11, 2018
Koblenz, Germany
Hey,
welcome here an that are nice shots.

Let the haters hate-
mostly they have no experience with E-Bikes and when they ride one they are blasted away...
All my friends were like that until they had a short ride on mine.
Now they aren`t bulliing that much anymore- its more jealousy about my bike, than hate.

By the way,
you adopted one of my nicknames which my friends use a lot. ;):cool: Tukker- LoL. :cool:

Have fun, stay healthy and have a good time on your bike!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Hey. Tucker.
Welcome. I'm newish here too and plan on using my E-bike for pretty much exactly the same kinda thing as you. Just got email confirmation it's been dispatched a couple of hours ago Seriously can't wait!
If you ever venture north of the border get in touch I know most of the steep off pist trails all over the scottish borders.central belt and stirling/perthshire. happy to share info or play guide for the day if I'm free. I was just wondering if anyone else here was more of a gravity orientated rider.

Reactions: Dax

Tucker

Apr 12, 2018
Hull
Hey. Tucker.
Welcome. I'm newish here too and plan on using my E-bike for pretty much exactly the same kinda thing as you. Just got email confirmation it's been dispatched a couple of hours ago Seriously can't wait!
If you ever venture north of the border get in touch I know most of the steep off pist trails all over the scottish borders.central belt and stirling/perthshire. happy to share info or play guide for the day if I'm free. I was just wondering if anyone else here was more of a gravity orientated rider.

nice dude, what did you end up going for?

i love mine dude, im getting some serious banter from the lads tho! but i can tripple the amount of runs i would normally do this time of the year, so it speaks for itself.

me and about 8 lads come up to Scotland every year, we stay near glentress, ride some offpiste there, golfie, and thorniliee i think its spelt like that? lol but yer for sure im always down to ride some new shit, and if you ever come this way i will show you round my local dude, we got some really fun short runs.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Vitus e-sommet in the end. it should arrive Monday or Tues.
Yeah I absolutely love Thornielee. Yair is really good too if you haven't been.
Just give me a shout if you ever want to know any other places.

I've ridden all over England/Wales too but never ridden Dalby. Warncliffe I loved when last there though.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Vitus e-sommet in the end. it should arrive Monday or Tues.
Yeah I absolutely love Thornielee. Yair is really good too if you haven't been.
Just give me a shout if you ever want to know any other places.

I've ridden all over England/Wales too but never ridden Dalby. Warncliffe I loved when last there though.

Exciting times Gary!

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
Nice Vid, and Kenevo, Tucker. Welcome! Those trails in your video reminded me of a logic puzzle, several potential paths... Waiting for my 2018 Turbo Levo S-Works and hoping I can find some technical trails in the South East, USA.

tcm

May 27, 2018
GB
awesome video tucker!! terrain looks fun, would like to try and keep up with you one day, not sure i would though! have you changed the tyres yet?

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I recently took a chance and bought a kenevo, i ride alot of steep n fairly technical trails throughout the UK, and my local is Dalby's off-piste trails. The idea for me getting the bike was to do double the runs done in a day, it needed to climb well but most importantly descend well!

Exactly the same reason I've ordered a kenevo :) been meaning to ride Dalby for years, might got you up for some recommendations if I ever make it up there.

I took the Kenevo to Bike Park Wales last week and got 4 cycles to the top of the hill with a mix of trail and turbo mode ?

That's worrying, I can do 4 rides to the top on a regular bike!

Jonnybinno

Jun 1, 2018
Goole east yorkshire
Alright boys,

i recently took a chance and bought a kenevo, i ride alot of steep n fairly technical trails throughout the UK, and my local is Dalby's off-piste trails. The idea for me getting the bike was to do double the runs done in a day, it needed to climb well but most importantly descend well!

so i have taken it out twice initial impressions,

1st ride i was blown away! couldn't believe how good it was and how capable it descended...i honestly feel faster on this than my standard trail bike, and the times reflect it, considering the conditions aren't currently great and the tyres on the spesh, and that they cant compete with my dirty dan and magic on my trail bike, shes only still a few seconds off my PRs. The bike is super stable and likes to go FAST. i got 30miles and 3500ft and still had battery left plus i was abusing the turbo mode quite alot:ROFLMAO:. The only weakness I have noted is i can get the wheels to flex a bit in the Hard turns. so I reckon in time I will upgrade the wheelset. I hear DTSwiss make a good strong set for Ebikes? and i would love to have a 2.8 supergravity casing tyre

Anyway heres a vid of my local trails, who doesn't like a quick biking video?

will get some footage of the kenevo in action soon as i locate my memory card :ROFLMAO:hitting bike park wales at the end of the month and plan to see how many runs I can eek get on one battery :unsure:

oh and I cant believe all the hate I am getting for having an E-bike.

oh im tucker, if anyone fancys some off-piste action hit me up

Hi mate, Love a bit of off piste at dalby, I'm from east yorkshire, goole. It's about a 45mile trip to dalby. When ever I go now I usually stop over at a farm and camp. Can't think of the name of it . It's near a disused quarry up on the top and there's quite a few off piste trails round there. If your ever heading out give us a message and I'll see if I can make it. I worked shifts so usually out through the week a lot. Oh I got a kenevo too. I'm loving it. I mostly ride sheffield way on aswel .

elyhim

May 31, 2018
usa north carolina
I get a lot of hate online but in the real world most people are friendly. Nice video - don't you hate how some trail builders put the faux-jumps at a 90?

coullit

Jun 13, 2018
Alicante Spain
In Spain Ive never had any bad comments about the e bike people admire it want to lift up to see weight, let me ride straight into bars stand it next to a table..some waitresses don't know what it is! got the Giant Dirt E 3

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles