Hey, i'm a financially irresponsible Trek rail 7 owner from Wollongong, Australia (and loving it haha)

Battman85

Feb 10, 2022
Wollongong
Hi All,

thought i would do a little bike check update. Been a while since i did last.

A couple of changes since last update:

- Now running a BLACK spring on the DHX2, went with the DVO 425-500lb spring (the 450-550lb cane creek one felt too stiff, plus i wanted black spring anyway. I lost about 7kg after putting the cane creek one on, so once that happened it was way to stiff so went down a spring with the new one, feels pretty good for now. Still no bottom outs)
- Maxxis tyres front and rear now
- Now also running cushcore pro in front and rear (LBS talked me into it when getting new tyres after finally popping one of the stock bontragers). Rather annoyingly i got a snake bite pinch flat on the rear FIRST RIDE with the cushcore, annoyed was an understatement!!

So that really is it for now unless something breaks haha. But you never say never i guess :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Updated pics below, cheers

IMG_5883.jpg

IMG_5878.jpg

IMG_5877.jpg

IMG_5881.jpg

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
so its not just me then :LOL: :LOL:
Nope, so far I've done ,
one up bars,
ergon grips
ergon sm e saddle
Shimano Spd pedals
Xtr cassette
Xtr discs
Axs dropper
Axs mech/shifter
Fox 36 float factory
Xt chain
range extender
fidlock mount
RRP mudguards
Rims being built with onyx hubs, sapim cx on light carbon rims
:geek:

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Hi All,

thought i would do a little bike check update. Been a while since i did last.

A couple of changes since last update:

- Now running a BLACK spring on the DHX2, went with the DVO 425-500lb spring (the 450-550lb cane creek one felt too stiff, plus i wanted black spring anyway. I lost about 7kg after putting the cane creek one on, so once that happened it was way to stiff so went down a spring with the new one, feels pretty good for now. Still no bottom outs)
- Maxxis tyres front and rear now
- Now also running cushcore pro in front and rear (LBS talked me into it when getting new tyres after finally popping one of the stock bontragers). Rather annoyingly i got a snake bite pinch flat on the rear FIRST RIDE with the cushcore, annoyed was an understatement!!

So that really is it for now unless something breaks haha. But you never say never i guess :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Updated pics below, cheers

View attachment 86944
View attachment 86945
View attachment 86946
View attachment 86947
nice with the black spring

Battman85

Feb 10, 2022
Wollongong
Nope, so far I've done ,
one up bars,
ergon grips
ergon sm e saddle
Shimano Spd pedals
Xtr cassette
Xtr discs
Axs dropper
Axs mech/shifter
Fox 36 float factory
Xt chain
range extender
fidlock mount
RRP mudguards
Rims being built with onyx hubs, sapim cx on light carbon rims
:geek:

Quite the shopping list haha

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I still remember my first peddle strike like it was yesterday. I wanted to carry her home on my back. It was 😢 sad. But there’s been many more since then and surprisingly no problems.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles