Hertfordshire EMTB Groups

Batch

Oct 4, 2021
Stevenage
Hi All, does anyone know of any EMTB rideout groups that meet regularly in Hertfordshire? I am based in the North of the county but happy to travel to experience trails in other areas as mine are starting to get a bit samey! Cheers

millemille

Feb 21, 2020
Peak District
My old stamping ground, back in the late 80's and early 90's. Grew up in St. Albans and remember riding Datchworth, Tewin, Park Street and many more places I can't remember the name of...

Not Hertfordshire based any more but would be interested in popping down for a ride round some of the old trails - assuming they still exist - and a trip down memory lane.

lolp

Apr 5, 2019
london england
Hi guys. Lol here....I'm the guy Tim referred to about organising Epping rides for our group. We aim to ride most of the best bits of the north end of the forest most weeks and some of the southern end depending on the weather...the southern end is flatter (and muddier through the winter)... but the northern end has some great runs with jumps, logclimbs stream crossings bombholes etc....it's not the steepest riding you'll do but it's a good test. We're not a club and like to keep the flow going doing 15-20miles of mostly single-track riding over 3-3.5hrs with a tea break and usually a few chat/wee stops (not at the same time🤦). We meet at 9.30 usually on whichever weekend day is looking driest/warmest so if you're reasonably fit and like the technical stuff (and some mud) we'd like to have you along....but not this coming weekend....from 23rd. Anyone interested?

Batch

Oct 4, 2021
Stevenage
My old stamping ground, back in the late 80's and early 90's. Grew up in St. Albans and remember riding Datchworth, Tewin, Park Street and many more places I can't remember the name of...

Not Hertfordshire based any more but would be interested in popping down for a ride round some of the old trails - assuming they still exist - and a trip down memory lane.
Datchworth and Tewin are part of my regular loop, with a bit of Sherradwoods, Ayot Greenway and bridleways around Whitwell/Codicote thrown in for good measure. Any time you are down, drop me a line and will happily go for a blast with you, cheers

Batch

Oct 4, 2021
Stevenage
Hi guys. Lol here....I'm the guy Tim referred to about organising Epping rides for our group. We aim to ride most of the best bits of the north end of the forest most weeks and some of the southern end depending on the weather...the southern end is flatter (and muddier through the winter)... but the northern end has some great runs with jumps, logclimbs stream crossings bombholes etc....it's not the steepest riding you'll do but it's a good test. We're not a club and like to keep the flow going doing 15-20miles of mostly single-track riding over 3-3.5hrs with a tea break and usually a few chat/wee stops (not at the same time🤦). We meet at 9.30 usually on whichever weekend day is looking driest/warmest so if you're reasonably fit and like the technical stuff (and some mud) we'd like to have you along....but not this coming weekend....from 23rd. Anyone interested?
Hi Lol, like the sound of that, keep us posted on here and if you are happy to show a middle aged fella who can no longer jump, but still likes a bit of rapid downhill around, I would very much like to tag along at some point? Cheers

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles