Help!

Clean

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2022
West Yorkshire
So, I took a bolt out of my rear suspension link (don’t ask why, please!) and I cannot get it back in.

🤦‍♂️

I cannot line up the seat stay arm with the shock linkage. I can see it is misaligned, and have tried everything in my grasp, but cannot get them to align, so the bolt butts up against the linkage rather than sliding into the threaded section and biting on the thread. Pictures included by way of explanation.

I have emptied the rear shock of gas and that does not help.

I have used a tyre lever to try and lever the two bits into line, and that has helped, but not enough.

Is there a trick, here, or does the whole rear section need dismantling and reassembling by someone who knows what they are doing?

Help!

Please!

314C0F18-CC76-42CE-80BC-46D019D9746D.jpeg 9665A20A-ABA5-4069-AD65-2FA8D32C18E1.jpeg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
There is weight somewhere pushing the alignment out.

Try taking out the rear wheel and realigning. I’d also be inclined to loosen off the other (opposite bolt) side of the linkage a little to give a bit more play in moving it into place.

Good luck!

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Try a different orientation of the bike. On its side, upside down, even hanging vertically!! The suspension arms will hang differently and that may be enough for success.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles