Levo Gen 2 Help with tire pressure - 2.6" specifically

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
For 2.3 inch tyres I've always ran 25psi at the front.
The Levo comes with a 2.6 inch tyre and have had it at the same pressure (25psi) since purchase.
I believe I can get away with a lot less due to the increased width ?
By how much should I lower the pressure on a 2.6 compared to a 2.3 ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Grannyjones Purely on tyre width I would say 22psi.

But that would assume the same wheel diameter, tyre make, tread pattern, strength of tyre, tubed/tubeless etc.
It also does not mean that it is the best pressure for you, just different.

Why not experiment? If you don't have a proper tyre pressure gauge you should get one. I recommend the Topeak D2 Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge (many on here would agree). If you are going to experiment with tyre pressures, then you should know exactly what works and what does not. +/- 1psi can be felt on the trail. Having a gauge allows you to repeat the setting every time.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
For 2.6" tires, I run anywhere from 22/20 down to 16/14 depending on conditions, trail, etc.

MLX John

Jun 20, 2020
albuquerque, nm
Agreed, get a pressure gauge, more accurate than a pump gauge. Riding style should be taken into consideration. If you like to smash through terrain, use higher pressure (obviously).
I run 22 rear/20 front most of the time, 20/18 in the wet/mud/snow.

About 200 pounds / 90 kilos w/pack, helmet etc.

Last edited:

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
I weigh about 155 lbs. (70kg) and currently running 18 front and 20 rear in rocky desert (running E-Wilds 2.6 x 29).

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
I weigh 80Kg and have between 22 and 20 psi in my front 2.6 inch Butcher tyre. I ride mainly trail and single track; so far I haven't damaged a rim at those pressures.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Yes still on the original front tyre - Specialized Butcher 2.6.

The front has had no problem although it has wiped out twice! But no punctures, unlike the rear, which I've had to upgrade and fit a foam insert in to prevent punctures

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
My Sram app has an excellent tire pressure guide. I have the AXS drivetrain and dropper. It's hard to find on the app. It's under Quarq then TIRE PRESSURE GUIDE. Inputs are your weight, bike weight, wheel size, inter rim width, front and rear tire width, Front and Rear tire casing, riding style (XC, enduro, downhill), wet or dry. The pressures are really good compared to my real world testing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles