Levo Gen 2 Help with riding 2020 Turbo Levo in -20C. Collapsed RockShox Deluxe Select+

Canmore TLCC 29

Jun 16, 2020
Canmore, AB Canada
Hello, I have had a problem each winter riding in cold weather. The temperature was -18C yesterday, and I set my Levo outside for the tires to reach ambient temp/press. I noticed my RockShox Deluxe Select+ was riding a bit low, so I added air before my ride. After I had the tire pressure dialed in I took off, and then noticed the RockShox Deluxe Select+ was riding low, so I returned and added air to 230 psi. Then took off again. I got only 2 km and then noiced the RockShox Deluxe Select+ had collapsed. It is now in the shop for a new air can. I had to have the shock sent out to RockShox last winter for a rebuild under warranty. I am hoping my LBS can fix it in their shop this winter.

So, has anyone else had this issue with cold bike riding? I kinda wish I had bought the Kenevo as it has a spring loaded shock. But replacing my RockShox Deluxe Select+ with a better shock will probably cost $1000 CAD.

I am looking for sympathy and suggestions for how to avoid this ever winter.

MadTurnip

Jan 14, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
Is it possible it was so cold the metal shrunk allowing a small bit of air to be slowly leaking out?
-18c will only account for so much in air pressure drop, this is something else.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles