Help to push the button!!

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
While I love my ebike and it has been a game changer for me ..but I would never shun my long term riding friends ..if they want to ride ..we ride.. and the pace is set by them .
Two of these mates have ebikes but only one is currently riding ( Jaco) due to a long term injury to the other ..
Do I wish they all had ebikes ..of course I do ..and its a lot more "fun" riding with ebike friends .. its also been great starting budding friendships with riders on this forum ..but saying goodbye to long term riding mates ..that simply isnt going to happen ..?.

Wheels

Dec 15, 2020
Astoria
something I haven’t seen mentioned yet is (here in the pnw) certain limitations of where e-bikes are not allowed. This is the sole reason i bought a mtb bike. I hadnt rode bike since i was a teenager and happily the e-bike renewed my interest.

olde-mtber

Nov 1, 2019
New Zealand
Right first off please no lectures and all that crap . Basically I’ve been a die hard mtb er for all my life . I love to put in the big miles and have no issue climbing hills and really enjoy this aspect of mtb ing . I unfortunately for me got offered a few rides on different ebikes at demo days and thought why not gotta be worth a try . I was blown away and had a blast on both occasions . I’ve got few niggles regarding my back and stuff and north of 40 so was thinking maybe it’s time to down tools and move to e bikes . Finding it really hard to cross the line with the decision as I still want to ride a normal bike but can’t afford to keep the regular bike and purchase the e bike due to cost . Anyone else been in the same boat ?
cheers
I bought my first mtb when I was 60 and rode at every opportunity but health issues got in the way and the bike was sitting in the garage more than it was being ridden but my health will improve so I'll be riding it again. In the meantime I got to ride a couple of e-mtbs it took me another 2 years to finally bite the bullet and get an e-mtb. Now I'm riding regularly now and the health issues are diminishing the sad thing about it is I didn't get a e-mtb earlier. So don't wait just do it I'm now 70 and going stronger now than before the e-mtb

Andym123

Jun 27, 2020
East kilbride
Why not buy a decent conversion kit, maybe not as much flair as a factory ebike but it will do the job and if you go off it you can put back to standard easily enough

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles