Help from Europe for a fellow EMTB forums member with an accessory order. . .

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
So frustrating . . . I bought two sets of Shimano pedals PDEF202. I like the pedals. For some reason they don't include the reflectors? Which ever site or country I tried to order them from "after" I was forced to open an account by giving each site all my personal info . . . I get a disclaimer that Shimano won't allow them to ship these reflectors to the U.S.

I'd appreciate finding someone in a country where they are available who could order two sets (8 reflectors, 2 reflectors for each pedal) have them shipped to your home and then re-ship to my home in New York (U.S.).

Each set of 4 relectors is around $6 (U.S.) plus $3.99 shipping. I don't know what Shimano's deal is as to why they won't ship to U.S.? No store here shows them in stock.

I can Paypal (or use your preferred online payment method) you the cost plus whatever the postage comes to for the re-shipping the envelope to New York.

Funny, how they will sell me the $47 pedals, but not the $6 reflectors.

Below is the last site I tried somewhere in Germany. But many stores in different countries stock these reflector sets.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 8.38.32 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 9.56.06 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 10.24.19 AM.png

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Sry I can’t help you out. I usually remove any and all plastic reflectors and throw them in the recycle bin. If I’m riding on the road at night I use front/rear LED lights. My clothing generally has reflective strips. Oh…and I remove the dork-ring also. I’m not anti-reflector btw. I suppose it depends on where/how you ride.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I'm in the UK and I can't remember the last time I bought a set of pedals that has reflectors on them. If a bike I buy has pedals on them, they are always the cheap ones that come with reflectors, so they go in the bin. There must be thousands of reflectors in landfill somewhere.

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Ha! I still like them as I have to travel on busy roads for 3 miles from my home to the local bike trails. I like to be seen! I can’t understand why Shimano won’t allow stores in Europe to ship these cheap plastic reflectors or allow stores in the U.S. to stock them?

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
This website appears to be a scam. I entered my info and credit card and was taken out to a paypal donate page. Now I have to dispute the transaction when It shows up. Looks like the sammer just got themselves a sequence back pack!

IMG_0143.png IMG_0142.png IMG_0141.png

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Always another bad sign when the email confirmation they send you back an auto reply that it can’t go through! Any real company wants to know if an order was an error or a scam ASAP before they ship!

IMG_0146.png

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I'm in the UK and I can't remember the last time I bought a set of pedals that has reflectors on them. If a bike I buy has pedals on them, they are always the cheap ones that come with reflectors, so they go in the bin. There must be thousands of reflectors in landfill somewhere.
I think it's still a requirement to have pedals with reflectors to cycle after dusk.

I bet no one ever gets pulled over for it though as long as they have lights.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I think it's still a requirement to have pedals with reflectors to cycle after dusk.
Who knew? I sure didn't.
But I know that new bikes have to be sold with pedal reflectors and those small front and rear reflectors too., Oh and a bell. Those and the dork disc all go in the bin.

Just to see what I could get for them I advertised the reflectors and bell on eBay; £1.98 was the sale price. Less than the postage! :eek:

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Who knew? I sure didn't.
But I know that new bikes have to be sold with pedal reflectors and those small front and rear reflectors too., Oh and a bell. Those and the dork disc all go in the bin.

Just to see what I could get for them I advertised the reflectors and bell on eBay; £1.98 was the sale price. Less than the postage! :eek:
yea when I got my latest bike the other month they just gave me the reflectors in a bag and said people take them off anyway so... :ROFLMAO:
I don't mind dork disks and always just left them on, with a 12speed mtb the disc is barely biigger than the cassette anyway so pretty much hidden

I always use a bell on all my bikes just because people are annoying and it's also good to let slower cyclists know your wanting to over take.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles