Helmets

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Even though I should probably use a full face I went with a dropframe and a poc Kortal for the warmer days.

The dropframe has plenty of vents and is comfortable for what it is. I think the new one has a ratchet mechanism to fine tune fit that my older one doesn't which would be a bonus.

D
The new Dropframe has the MIPS Integra that’s in the Proframe, it’s basically the Proframe with the chin guard cut off. I’m still waiting on shops to get them in stock so I can check one out.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
For majority of my rides which are up and down and I'm not pushing it downhill then I'm perfectly happy with my Fox Dropframe pro.

If I'm off to our chairlift park or doing full speed DH laps then I'll take my Fox Rampage Pro full face.

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Great helmet, fits well, well vented. I thought I might not like the bits over my ears but it all feels good. I use this one for some trails but a full face on the bike parks. (y)
IMG_7888.jpeg

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Are Project 23 any good? Never heard of them before, but their lids do look pretty nice.

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
What's everyones thoughts on helmets
Full face or not?
I need to get a new one as old one covered in mould from left in shed,
Been look at the fox dropframe pro does anyone use one and what's your thoughts on it
Giro Switchblade, open face and full face in one helmet. MIPS, adjustable tightener and DH rated. Has become my go to for most rides. Feels a bit more solid than the Fox proframe I had previously and the adjustable tightener they use really gets a good fit.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Are Project 23 any good? Never heard of them before, but their lids do look pretty nice.
Had My Seven IDP a few years now, I bought one for my daughter as it was so good and now my brother has one.
I've had their open face ones too, comfortable but the tightener used to get caught on my jacket and undo, but i noticed that design has changed now.

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)

I was / am in the same place as you, some reserch and I liked what I saw...
sorta coincidence that they have a sale of lastyears on their website & there's also good deals on ebay.

bought a carbon ff and it's been delivered today also fits my oddly shaped sweede 🤪

and I can handle the blue / carbon colourscheme🥴

Rich.

valecek

Apr 20, 2023
Slovakia
I am use convertible full face helmet.
1. Bell super AIr R
2. met parachute mcr.

For me as an average rider this is a great form of compromise. helmets are different from each other. Bell is incomparably light and comfortable, unfortunately the strap under the neck is quite short and the locking wheel on the back of the neck falls apart after a while (successfully advertised)

Met Parachute meets DH certification, it is more robust and heavier, the locking wheel is with the BOA system, the buckle is fastened under the chin using a fidlock magnet.

I use the bell helmet for lighter trail rides, in the unfastened version on summer days. I wear MET to bike parks and for heavier things

20220718_104849.jpg received_563706431919618.jpeg received_604470137530316_remastered.jpg received_658287658868249.jpeg USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1634643565241_6856192044265766690.jpeg 20211031_070853.jpg 20211031_070933.jpg

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
I was / am in the same place as you, some reserch and I liked what I saw...
sorta coincidence that they have a sale of lastyears on their website & there's also good deals on ebay.

bought a carbon ff and it's been delivered today also fits my oddly shaped sweede 🤪

and I can handle the blue / carbon colourscheme🥴

Rich.
The only thing with their helmets seems to be a lack of MIPS on them. I know the carbon one has a similar technology, but the cheaper models don't appear to.

Silent Drone

Jan 23, 2022
Salt Lake City
IMG_0422.jpg

Picked this up earlier this week as my second full face. I was actually looking forward to getting a Proframe RS but when I tried it on the Boa system didn’t agree with me. So I went with this white Stage. Prior to this I’ve been wearing either a black Stage or a POC half shell. The Stage may very well be the best lightweight full face out there.

In my experience, those who are suggesting that they’ll avoid an accident by being more careful, I think that’s wrong. It will certainly lessen the chances of an accident, but many accidents happen even when we’re trying to be carful. That’s the definition of an accident. And even on a careful ride an accident could involve an impact to the mouth, nose and face. For me, that’s enough reason to wear one even though the vast majority of riders in my area feel that it’s overkill. If you feel it’s too showy or dorky I get it, and wouldn’t presume to tell you what you should or shouldn’t do.

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I’ve got the new Fox Pro Frame RS. Replacing my Bell Super 3r.

Much better air flow on the Fox and it has the new Boa tightening strap, super comfy.

Apr 21, 2023
Hull
So after all these replies finally decided on a fox dropframe for gentle /family rides and will get a full face in the future probably the fox proframe rs, for trail centres and bike park days,
Again thanks for all the input

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles