Hello to all..

captainsjb

May 3, 2019
Redditch , Worcestershire
Hello all my name is Sam Birkett #whatever_next.

I am 29 yeas of age. From redditch, Worcestershire.

I have been riding for a few years now with a small group of friends.
I will be honest.... I am not about riding in the heavy rain or mud haha call me a wimp.... I have family who live on the edge of Cannock Chase so this is where you will find me most of the time.

About 2 weeks ago I was lucky enough to be able to purchase my first ebike ?. It's a second hand scott e genius 720 plus and I'm in love.
I have been out on a few local rides but I haven't been on any trails yet. fairly confident in my abilitys but any advice about hitting the trails on an e bike for the first time would be massively appreciated.
Thanks?

IMG_20190426_183930.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
As a 5-month newbie to emtb, my learnings are still fresh.

Stay out of Boost/Turbo whatever the top one is called on your bike. That is, until you get used to arriving at key points rather more suddenly than you expected. Also, that level of boost eats the battery range. Don't assume that you can suddenly ride steep climbs that you could not do before. (Painful learning experience there!) Brace yourself before lifting the bike! Tyres are just as important to success as they were on your clockwork bike. You will have more involuntary dismounts than is normal for you, so protect your frame with some sort of helicopter tape.

Enjoy! :)

captainsjb

May 3, 2019
Redditch , Worcestershire
As a 5-month newbie to emtb, my learnings are still fresh.

Stay out of Boost/Turbo whatever the top one is called on your bike. That is, until you get used to arriving at key points rather more suddenly than you expected. Also, that level of boost eats the battery range. Don't assume that you can suddenly ride steep climbs that you could not do before. (Painful learning experience there!) Brace yourself before lifting the bike! Tyres are just as important to success as they were on your clockwork bike. You will have more involuntary dismounts than is normal for you, so protect your frame with some sort of helicopter tape.

Enjoy! :)

Steve.. Thank you for your advice. It all makes great sense.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles