Hello - Newbie from Yorkshire

Sgarth42

Oct 13, 2021
York
Had mountain bikes for years but couldn't get hold of an e-bike last year for my wife & myself, so for my sins I took a punt on a DIY torque sensing mid mount conversion. I have to say, I am incredibly impressed. So much so that it is holding me back from now buying a manufactured bike. I know it;s not everyone's cup of tea but I love it.

20210618_141333.jpg

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
Had mountain bikes for years but couldn't get hold of an e-bike last year for my wife & myself, so for my sins I took a punt on a DIY torque sensing mid mount conversion. I have to say, I am incredibly impressed. So much so that it is holding me back from now buying a manufactured bike. I know it;s not everyone's cup of tea but I love it.

View attachment 73702
Great to hear you’ve been impressed by your eeb.
I’m in awe of all who attempt these conversions💪
A question:- Did you ride this frame when it was analogu? I’m interested in any comparison thoughts you have, thanks 😊

Sgarth42

Oct 13, 2021
York
Great to hear you’ve been impressed by your eeb.
I’m in awe of all who attempt these conversions💪
A question:- Did you ride this frame when it was analogu? I’m interested in any comparison thoughts you have, thanks 😊
Yep not a lot though. My default analogue steed was the FS Boardman which my wife has now (with TSDZ2 fitted). The Giant rolled well and felt very stable. Adding the motor added some weight but didn't adversely affect the handling or feel. It's now just as if riding on the flat with the wind pushing you. Even up hill!

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
I’d like to think success stories like these will push ready-made eeb prices down a bit….
There’s a couple of companies not that far from me making some fine eebs (HT and FS) at sensible prices and I’ve heard they‘re doing OK - and they provide good availability, for the present at least 😊

Sgarth42

Oct 13, 2021
York
I’d like to think success stories like these will push ready-made eeb prices down a bit….
There’s a couple of companies not that far from me making some fine eebs (HT and FS) at sensible prices and I’ve heard they‘re doing OK - and they provide good availability, for the present at least 😊
What I like most about conversion kit is their interchangeability. Eg batteries. Accepted that they tend not be as aesthetically pleasing but then more option become available as well as displays and motor systems

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles