Hello new to the scene

fa1321tx

Apr 2, 2024
Magnolia, TX
I just ordered a Cannondale Moterra Neo 3 today. There does not seem to be too many reviews on the bike so it feels like a gamble. I have been trolling this forum and YouTube for weeks. After much reading I landed on that bike for the following reasons:
  1. Bosch CX motor with smart system
  2. Deore and XT drivetrain
  3. 750wh battery
  4. Price $4000 ( seems insanely cheap )
  5. I was able to order it from my local dealer. He knocked an additional $100 too!!
I really wanted a bike with the Fox suspension based off tons of positive feedback. I am going to give the Yari shock a chance. I already paid to go tubeless on it. I think the LED remote is janky looking but swappable for the Purion 200 so that's is my wish list. I can see using the Kiox 300 navigation at times. Nice its removable when you don't need it especially if you add Purion 200. I am heavy right now so the 750wh seemed like it would reduce some stress about running out of battery. I am really excited and nervous at the same time as I don't know what to expect from a lower priced bike. Anyways thanks for all the good post here it definitely influenced my choice on the motor choice and buying locally.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I just ordered a Cannondale Moterra Neo 3 today. There does not seem to be too many reviews on the bike so it feels like a gamble. I have been trolling this forum and YouTube for weeks. After much reading I landed on that bike for the following reasons:
  3. 750wh battery
  5. I was able to order it from my local dealer. He knocked an additional $100 too!!
I really wanted a bike with the Fox suspension based off tons of positive feedback. I am going to give the Yari shock a chance. I already paid to go tubeless on it. I think the LED remote is janky looking but swappable for the Purion 200 so that's is my wish list. I can see using the Kiox 300 navigation at times. Nice its removable when you don't need it especially if you add Purion 200. I am heavy right now so the 750wh seemed like it would reduce some stress about running out of battery. I am really excited and nervous at the same time as I don't know what to expect from a lower priced bike. Anyways thanks for all the good post here it definitely influenced my choice on the motor choice and buying locally.
Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will enjoy your new bike as just getting out and riding will make you a happier person. Hold off on upgrades until you see what your new bike can do as it is all too easy to get carried away with all the "better" things you can buy often with neglegible improvements.

ShreddingDuck

Mar 30, 2024
Western Slope CO, USA
  3. 750wh battery
Hey! Make sure that the flow app is completely updated or you may potentially end up with inaccurate readings like mileage. I caught it pretty quickly on mine but still had almost double the actual mileage! The led remote is actually pretty nice and works efficiently Once you get comfy with it. I’m loving the Bosch system, and I’m betting you will too! I’ve got the 750 battery and it’s sweet! The biggest adjustment for me is the significant increase in bike weight, as my other bike is almost half the weight! Hope the bike rocks for ya!

fa1321tx

Apr 2, 2024
Magnolia, TX
Hey! Make sure that the flow app is completely updated or you may potentially end up with inaccurate readings like mileage. I caught it pretty quickly on mine but still had almost double the actual mileage! The led remote is actually pretty nice and works efficiently Once you get comfy with it. I’m loving the Bosch system, and I’m betting you will too! I’ve got the 750 battery and it’s sweet! The biggest adjustment for me is the significant increase in bike weight, as my other bike is almost half the weight! Hope the bike rocks for ya!
Thanks for the tips! I test rode a Trek rail with the Bosch led remote. Trek did not tell me anything just sent me on a test ride. I was not familiar with the area and ended up going down a dead end side walk. I had to pick the bike up to turn it around. Somehow I hit the power button on the back side of the LED remote. I searched for the power button but did not see it so I ended up riding all the way back in analog mode. So I am probably a little jaded with the remote. lol. I rode a Honda CRF450RX for a couple years in the forest it was a heavy beast so maybe the Ebike weight won't bother me too much. Hoping to love this as much as I loved riding dirt bikes.

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
Can you elaborate or point to an article or post example of what you are saying. Thanks
There is a lot to it. I have a Ebike that has XT cassette,XTR shifter, XT chain and XTR deraileur. For one thing don't lug in the upper gears. In fact I only use 12th (10 tooth) on mine when spinning down hill or on flat when really moving. Another words I try to top out in 11th and then hit 12th. Also I run Three new chains which I constantly rotate to get even wear. It's a very rewarding drivetrain just maintain it or you can wear it out quick. A Ebike can really accelerate that when not maintaining it or shifting poorly. It's a great drivetrain just get to know how to tune, maintain and shift it for best results.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles