Hello from West Wales

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
New to ebiking. First ebike on order. Canyon Spectral:On 7.0 due in September. Considering waiting for a 2019 Levo instead. Any opinions? Been biking for years and but had bowel surgery a few months back that sort of changed my riding abilities. Positive is I've had the thumbs up for a new ebike. Every cloud eh.....

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
I'll be interested to know how you get on with the canyon as I'm considering one of these.
I spend a lot of time in Lyngwrill and Barmouth area so occasionally feel I need a little help on the hills.

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
I'll be interested to know how you get on with the canyon as I'm considering one of these.
I spend a lot of time in Lyngwrill and Barmouth area so occasionally feel I need a little help on the hills.

I’ll update the post over the comings week. Spec and reviews for the Canyon are awesome but another thread highlights problems with Canyons delivery. New Levo being released early September so might end up swapping. Prefer not to though.

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
I was also looking at a Kenevo.... But a similar spec canyon with an extra battery and backpack is similar £. Hoping to demo few soon.

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
I love my Kenevo- had it 3 weeks and can't leave it alone.

The canyon does look a good bike and as you say, price point is a (tiny) bit easier to stomach.

Would be good to see a review if you do stick with the canyon. Either way, a new E-bike is going to put a grin on your face!

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
I love my Kenevo- had it 3 weeks and can't leave it alone.

The canyon does look a good bike and as you say, price point is a (tiny) bit easier to stomach.

Would be good to see a review if you do stick with the canyon. Either way, a new E-bike is going to put a grin on your face!
With the Kenevo having a coil rear shock and me being a larger person over 110kg would I need to have a beefier spring fitted on an XL?
Going to ring Berkshire Cycles this week for a chat.

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
I think there are a few posts on here regarding springs for the larger riders and at least one guy has had custom springs made.

I'm 5'8" and 80kg loaded up on the bike- the standard spring supplied with mine is right in the sweet spot for me- love it. Never had such confidence on a bike; it ploughs through the rough stuff. My Kenevo is going to get me in trouble one day!

Wonder if the more technical minded guys on here could shed some light re: springs?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles