Hello from the black Forrest!

blackforrest

Jun 16, 2020
germany
Hello from southern Germany!
First time forum member.
I decided to buy a focus sam2 during the lockdown which was a great decision. But sadly I broke my deraillier hanger about 3 weeks ago and haven’t been able to ride because bike-components.de took ages to send me the things I’ve ordered. Anyone have any favorite websites to order parts?

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
It's a pretty awful time to get parts. I have parts I have had on order for over a month, expecting another month or two on some of them. No easy answers there unfortunately.

blackforrest

Jun 16, 2020
germany
That sucks. You’re skilled at building wheels? I’ve fixed bent ones from doing 180s on BMX but nothing serious. It’s like witchcraft to get it perfect.

where a-bouts in the blackforrest are you?
No definitely not skilled at fixing wheels not even skilled at buying the parts! Hahaha. Going to take the wheel to a shop now. I live near Lörrach right on the boarder to Switzerland.

blackforrest

Jun 16, 2020
germany
Wow man. That’s an amazing place to live! You’re so fortunate!
Yeah it’s nice for sure but we are having trouble with local Forrest owners and the landratsamt are not allowing us to try and build some official trails.
What’s it like up near Stuttgart?

blackforrest

Jun 16, 2020
germany
Same here. Technically it’s not allowed but we have one official downhill trail.

there are lots of trails in the woods here which must have been made by kids that have no clue. Lots of speed gap jumps with skatepark geometry. I think after this year there will be a lot more push to make it legitimate in BW. The mountain bike associations are working hard to get the government to allow it officially all over BW. Also all of this rain and people making major ruts on the trails doesn’t help. In the last month I’ve seen two kids taken away by ambulance at the trails near me. Which of course is fault of the kid for hitting jumps he doesn’t have the skill for but also who ever is building these courses in the woods clearly models them off skate parks.
Oh that would be sweet if they get the government to let us make trails! It’s weird cause we talked to ForstBW and they said they don’t have a problem with us making trails. We should just tell them and show them on the map where we want to go as long as it’s state Forrest. But then the Landratsamt heard about it and said “nein das ist Naturschutzgebiet! Das darf man nicht!” But it’s ok for private Forrest owners to cut massive roads into their land so they can transport their trees out?! Makes no sense.
Naja hopefully we can work something out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles