Hello from Tasmania.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Welcome. You have some of the best mountain biking in the world in Tassie. I'm booked in for a trip in Feb/March. Very much looking forward to Maydena and Blue Derby. Bucket list riding....

Gordon

Bikewombat

Dec 2, 2020
Tasmania
Welcome. You have some of the best mountain biking in the world in Tassie. I'm booked in for a trip in Feb/March. Very much looking forward to Maydena and Blue Derby. Bucket list riding....

Gordon
Thanks, Gordon. I'll be working in Long Jetty in Jan. Will bring my bike. Did some riding there last time.

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
Welcome mate, as Gordon said Tassie has world class trails and I believe a relatively new trail network at Wild Mersy (near Latrobe). Derby and Maydena has a few green trails to access.
If you have time to ride in January you could check out some of the calmer trails at Ourimbah MTB Park or Awaba MTB park, depends on how your bike is spec'd I suppose. Otherwise plenty of nice fire trails around the Central Coast to explore.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I see there are a few of you from Tas already. I kitted up my EMTB for commuting/road riding and, later, cycle touring. I do a bit of off-road but not much. I heard Maydena is a great place for relative beginners.
I'm surprised - I just assumed Maydena was straight up and down :ROFLMAO:, but there are some blues and greens there according to trail forks! Derby is awesome for all riding standards - picturesque and interesting tracks. If you live in Hobart there are green tracks at Meehan and from Glenorchy or the Springs. North South track is a good ride up and down. It sounds as though you're into the more back road stuff though.

Bikewombat

Dec 2, 2020
Tasmania
thanks. I'll chekc out Meehan. Done the North - South uphill to the Springs and back down the road. About the limit of my off-road competence, though I left tyre pressures high for the ride back down.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles