Hello from Sunny Manchester!

Al Morris

Jan 28, 2021
Manchester
Hi All. I'm at a bit of a crossroads in my EMTB journey (please forgive the weak pun). I have an eight year old BH Neo Jumper with Easy Motion system, and this is starting to give me problems (pedal assist stops at the worst moment riding up steep hills all round my location). I'm hoping to find advice on how to fix it or, alternatively, what to buy from new. I will describe my specific problems in another post. (y)

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Hi Al,

Not sure where about in Manchester you are, hilly=NE I guess. Cycle Addicts in Rochdale are a proper outfit and are really helpful for any and all servicing imho. More to the point you won't be waiting "weeks" unlike a LBS near me.

I think you are likely to get a fix sooner than you will be able to get the new bike of your wishes in these current conditions. There are lots of threads about typical bike comparison on here. I guess the only advice I can give you (based on my limited experience) is something with a Bosch Gen 3 or 4 motor. Both are capable of the 85nm update.

Al Morris

Jan 28, 2021
Manchester
Hi Al,

Not sure where about in Manchester you are, hilly=NE I guess. Cycle Addicts in Rochdale are a proper outfit and are really helpful for any and all servicing imho. More to the point you won't be waiting "weeks" unlike a LBS near me.

I think you are likely to get a fix sooner than you will be able to get the new bike of your wishes in these current conditions. There are lots of threads about typical bike comparison on here. I guess the only advice I can give you (based on my limited experience) is something with a Bosch Gen 3 or 4 motor. Both are capable of the 85nm update.

Hi Pigin

Thanks for your advice - I'm near the peak district on the east side of Manchester - great area for mountain biking if you're very fit (I'm not) or have an EMBT!

The problem with my BH bike is that it uses the uncommon Easy Motion system (not Bosch, etc) and most bike shops don't seem very sure that they can help. Also, BH no longer seems to have a presence in the UK. I will definitely try the shop in Rochdale that you suggested.

I'm not that sure that it's wise to spend much money on repairing an old bike (e.g. if it needs new controller, etc) given that the battery is well past the expected life (though it seems fine).

Nearby shop has a Turbo Levo in a nice colour in stock - would be so much easier just to go click and collect and take on yet more finance!

Cheers
Al

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
Hi Pigin

Thanks for your advice - I'm near the peak district on the east side of Manchester - great area for mountain biking if you're very fit (I'm not) or have an EMBT!

The problem with my BH bike is that it uses the uncommon Easy Motion system (not Bosch, etc) and most bike shops don't seem very sure that they can help. Also, BH no longer seems to have a presence in the UK. I will definitely try the shop in Rochdale that you suggested.

I'm not that sure that it's wise to spend much money on repairing an old bike (e.g. if it needs new controller, etc) given that the battery is well past the expected life (though it seems fine).

Nearby shop has a Turbo Levo in a nice colour in stock - would be so much easier just to go click and collect and take on yet more finance!

Cheers
Al
Al. Get on it. Turbo Levo in nice colour & in stock. It’s got your name written all over it. ( if they call you specialized ??) Will be worlds apart from what your peddling now. ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles