Hello from sunny California.

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
Just picked up my 2019 Turbo Levo Comp Carbon 29 at my local bike shop here in Campbell, CA. Did a quick ride up the Los Gatos creek trail , mostly paved, to familiarize myself with my excellent new bike. From my research I was interested in 3 main bikes, 1. The Trek Superfly 7 LT, 2. The Bulls E-Stream Evo and 3. The Specialized Levo. I started out thinking I would get the base Levo as my arbitrary budget was $5K US. I also rode a 2019 Kenevo and really like it, the ride was super plush. Most of the bikes I was interested in were not going to be available for months, Specialized was delivering limited quantities of bikes locally. My interest then shifted to the 2019 Turbo Levo Comp 29 but that pushed my price point to $6K US. My local shop, WheelAway Cycling, just happend to have a 2019 Turbo Levo Comp Carbon in my size so I threw by budget out the window and went for the $7K US. bike. I think I will be really happy in the long run.
I am a 63 year old cancer survivor who had a stem cell transplant in December 2013 for Multiple Myeloma , a bone marrow cancer that had damaged 10 vertebra causing compression fractures and incredible pain. My spine was fixed through a procedure called Kyphoplasty where they inject bone cement into vertebra to rebuild them. I had 4 surgeries to fix my spine and relieve the pain. In 2016 I was diagnosed with throat cancer in my lymph nodes, which were surgically removed leaving a big scar on my neck and nerve damage in my left arm which through therapy and yoga I have restored full function. In August this year, 2018, I had a full knee replacement. My knee had caused pain hiking, biking and skiing. Just getting down stairs was painful. On 8/15/18 I had total knee replacement and I am still recovering from that surgery. So I have been through hell and back and my knee is going to be much stronger and pain free soon. I am totally stoked about riding again, something I used to do a lot with my wife and my friends in Silicon Valley and at Lake Tahoe. Over the coming weeks I will take my Levo out on the trails in Los Gatos and in the Santa Cruz mountains and a 5 day trip to Lake Tahoe to stay in my condo at Northstarr ski resort. I will post some photos and try to be an active participant on the Forum.
Attached is a photo of my new 2019 Levo coming home with me from the bike shop.
IMG_6192.jpg

Last edited:

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Just picked up my 2019 Turbo Levo Comp Carbon 29 at my local bike shop here in Campbell, CA. Did a quick ride up the Los Gatos creek trail , mostly paved, to familiarize myself with my excellent new bike. From my research I was interested in 3 main bikes, 1. The Trek Superfly 7 LT, 2. The Bulls E-Stream Evo and 3. The Specialized Levo. I started out thinking I would get the base Levo as my arbitrary budget was $5K US. I also rode a 2019 Kenevo and really like it, the ride was super plush. Most of the bikes I was interested in were not going to be available for months, Specialized was delivering limited quantities of bikes locally. My interest then shifted to the 2019 Turbo Levo Comp 29 but that pushed my price point to $6K US. My local shop, WheelAway Cycling, just happend to have a 2019 Turbo Levo Comp Carbon in my size so I threw by budget out the window and went for the $7K US. bike. I think I will be really happy in the long run.
I am a 63 year old cancer survivor who had a stem cell transplant in December 2013 for Multiple Myeloma , a bone marrow cancer that had damaged 10 vertibrea c
Congratulations on your new bike, but more especially on your cancer free prognosis.
Campbell is not to far from the Specialized mothership

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
You go, Ron! Good to hear that you’re back in the saddle!

Hope to see you on the trails around Tahoe some time!

hjscm

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2018
Bay area ca
That is awesome. If you need a riding buddy let me know. I can cruise to los gatos or santa cruz anytime you want. Also there are some good rides in northstar. I have a place right there in Lahontan and ride from my place to northstar all the time. If you condo is by gold bend or even the golf course your trails are right there.

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
Congratulations on your new bike, but more especially on your cancer free prognosis.
Campbell is not to far from the Specialized mothership

Thanks, yes Morgan Hill is just 25 miles dow the road
And yes it is exciting to be out riding again

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
if anyone deserves a nice new bike for themselves its you by the sounds of what you've been through.

enjoy it buddy.
Thanks, I have been through a lot but I have also been lucky to respond well to the treatment. I just want to get back to being a regular guy who enjoys the out of doors

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
if anyone deserves a nice new bike for themselves its you by the sounds of what you've been through.

enjoy it buddy.
Like I said in another post, I feel lucky because I responded well to treatment and just want to get outdoors again

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles