Hello from Rutland

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Welcome! Haven’t been to Fineshade for years, what’s it like nowadays?

I know they had some basic waymarked trails last time I was there, anything else?

The Wakerley Woods side last time I rode it was a mud fest as well, nearly tore my rear mech off!

Jabba

Jul 5, 2020
Stamford
Welcome! Haven’t been to Fineshade for years, what’s it like nowadays?

I know they had some basic waymarked trails last time I was there, anything else?

The Wakerley Woods side last time I rode it was a mud fest as well, nearly tore my rear mech off!

The Scartree trail has been decommissioned and is no longer supported as it were by Forestry England but the majority still exists. Lots of off piste stuff, all running well at the moment. Winter is a different kettle of fish And as you say a mud fest.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The blue trail at Wakerley Woods is a very good example of its kind, quite short- only 15 mins, but very fast and swoopy. The old red trail (Scartree?) was like riding through 6" of Harrods finest compost in the summer, but oh when it got wet!!!! Rutland Cycling use it for their demo days, probably because it's short and close. I never found much to ride at Fineshade; maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

Sherwood Pines is not far away from Stamford and it has a lot of off-piste stuff that will be more of a challenge than Wakerley. I ride there quite frequently and I've run a few Forum rides there too. Those that attended seemed to like it.

@Jabba I'm going tomorrow as it happens, but as I said I go there quite frequently, give me a PM if you are interested in going tomorrow or at some time in the future

Sep 21, 2021
UK
Finally picked up my Gen 3 Turbo Levo Expert. Looking forward to my first ride out around Rutland tomorrow (and yes, I have't forgotten to fit pedals ;-). This is the last time it will ever look this pristine :-(
tempImagerngJW4.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles