Hello from N.Ireland

baddon

Jan 1, 2023
Near Belfast
Thanks for the Welcome from Rob and the invite to post here.

I am thinking seriously about a Hard tail e MTB budget up to 2k max.

Looking about on line I was considering the decathlon Rockrider e520. Went to see it and think I would pay the extra for the eST900. its £2k with an option to upgrade tires to abetter off road pattern & add tubless with repair fluid for £70 which on watching some utube videos I think is a reasonable upgrade.

I would want to add mudguards as not a fan of getting mucky.
A drinks bottle and a under seat storage bag for a tube and a multi tool.

Anything else out there available in UK that is 2K of less that will beat the Rockrider e ST900?

Should be able to get through the ride to work scheme bringing the price back to the £1500 to 1600 I was originally thinking.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Andrew (baddon)

baddon

Jan 1, 2023
Near Belfast
Thanks for the Welcome from Rob and the invite to post here.

I am thinking seriously about a Hard tail e MTB budget up to 2k max.

Looking about on line I was considering the decathlon Rockrider e520. Went to see it and think I would pay the extra for the eST900. its £2k with an option to upgrade tires to abetter off road pattern & add tubless with repair fluid for £70 which on watching some utube videos I think is a reasonable upgrade.

I would want to add mudguards as not a fan of getting mucky.
A drinks bottle and a under seat storage bag for a tube and a multi tool.

Anything else out there available in UK that is 2K of less that will beat the Rockrider e ST900?

Should be able to get through the ride to work scheme bringing the price back to the £1500 to 1600 I was originally thinking.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Andrew (baddon)
Also anyone else from N.Ireland? I am about 15 min out of Belfast in Co Down

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Not me, but I visited in June! Met the guys from Chain Reaction here in California last April & they turned me on to a seafood restaurant...

Cheers!

baddon

Jan 1, 2023
Near Belfast
I'm about 20mins (depending upon time of travel) outside Belfast, lots of great MTB trails.
Which Direction and where are the trails you use? I know about the one at the Mary Peters track and also Castlewellan but thats about it.
I am near Ballygowan & Saintfield.

.zig

Oct 9, 2022
Central Florida
Hi guys. I’ve had good luck with Trailforks in the US for finding new places to ride. Not had much luck with Komoot, but you may find different results in the UK.

CannonFodder

Jul 5, 2022
N. Ireland
Which Direction and where are the trails you use? I know about the one at the Mary Peters track and also Castlewellan but thats about it.
I am near Ballygowan & Saintfield.
Ards/Bangor,

A work colleague bought a Decathlon RockRider and is very happy with it, he got it on Cycle to work. Can't help thinking there will be some bargains coming up.

I tend to stay around Clandeboye as it's really close and can take my riding buddy (our Staffy).

Rostrevor, Cave Hill, Billy Neil's, also spring to mind even though I've never used them lol.

baddon

Jan 1, 2023
Near Belfast
Ards/Bangor,

A work colleague bought a Decathlon RockRider and is very happy with it, he got it on Cycle to work. Can't help thinking there will be some bargains coming up.

I tend to stay around Clandeboye as it's really close and can take my riding buddy (our Staffy).

Rostrevor, Cave Hill, Billy Neil's, also spring to mind even though I've never used them lol.
Had done the comber Greenway from Comber side all way to Connswater on a normal MTB with the family, should be a whole lot easier now. Also Kilbroney(Rostrevor) but its proper downhill. Lots of routes in Mourn Mountains as well.

I have a rear tow ball 3 bike carrier that works well BUT wont work with the caravan on so need another way to move the bike. I have roof bars and carriers BUT reckon lifting on to the top of a pickup as well as the weight will mean I need another solution. Thinking the two pronged plate mounted just ahead of the tow ball may be the way to go. BUT eats up my tow bar ball weight!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles