Hello from Exeter, UK

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Hello everyone, I’m Simon from Exeter, Devon in the UK. I’m new to the forum and got my first ebike, a Giant Trance E+ 1 Pro, back in September ‘19. I’ve ridden off and on for most of my life and have always had at least one MTB in the garage... my other ride is a Whyte 629 hardtail. I hadn’t really paid too much attention to the development of ebikes until late last year when I decided to visit my local emporium and try one... well after two minutes of riding the Trance around the car park I knew we’d be going home together - so much fun! We live on the verge of Haldon Forest Park so that tends to be my playground and I can be up on the trails in around 8 minutes on the Trance... otherwise its a car journey or a serious slog up a selection of punishing hills on the Whyte (and the latter I just don’t really have the enthusiasm for anymore).
After much initial ebike skepticism and general dismissiveness I finally got my neighbour and usual riding partner (who is quite a few years my junior) to have a go on my Trance around Christmas time... I clocked the big grin on his face almost immediately and he went and bought a Stance E the very next day. We’ve clocked up 11 ebike rides so far this year, all in the dark, and have loved every minute of it.
Anyway, that’s me in a nutshell. I look forward to interacting with you on the forum.

Simon

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Excellent Simon(y) Im a Trance rider myself since Aug 2019 & its been a blast. Got 870kms on it so far

Hope to see ya post up in the Giant forum

Cheers, Joe :coffee:

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
Hey Simon

I'm in Exeter too and getting my First EMTB Tomorrow.

Where are you favourite local riding spots?

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Hey Simon

I'm in Exeter too and getting my First EMTB Tomorrow.

Where are you favourite local riding spots?

Hey buddy,
Haldon is on my doorstep so spend a fair bit of time up there. What bike you getting? Give me a shout once you got it and if you fancy a ride ?

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
Hey buddy,
Haldon is on my doorstep so spend a fair bit of time up there. What bike you getting? Give me a shout once you got it and if you fancy a ride ?

Hey, definitely keep to get up Haldon!

Gonna head to Ashclyst Forest tomorrow for a little Shakedown when it arrives.

I'm getting a Cube Stereo 140 HPC Race 625 2021

436102-Cube-Stereo-Hybrid-140-HPC-Race-625-black-n-grey-2021-0RAe1cb5lz29hf_750x750@2x.jpg