Hello from east of Boston, Ma

Wachusett 27

Jul 2, 2019
Live out by Mt Wachusett (Central Ma). Been riding on and off mountain biking for years but recently back into it with my first emtb. My cousins were a big influence when I rode my old Giant hardtail with them and could not keep up on the hills. That's when I said this is not going to work for me since I am older now. Purchased a Giant Trance E+2 pro on my birthday recently and I know this will motivate me to go out more and ride. See you on the trails.

Wachusett 27

Jul 2, 2019
Well at the time I sent my post out I was technically North East of Boston at my cousin's house on the ocean in Winthrop. But I should have posted West because of my permanent location. I was waiting for someone to question that. :)

Wachusett 27

Jul 2, 2019
JimBo, Sounds like a good idea. If NEMBA is against these bikes and they have been warning local bike shops from selling them I'm all for starting up a new organization. I was a member years ago. I will not join them now knowing this is their motive.
Keep in touch. We should get together sometime soon.

JimBo

E*POWAH Elite
Jan 3, 2019
Western MA, USA
NEMBA recently updated its "position" on eMTBs. While not fully embracing true pedelec MTBs, it's a far cry from NEMBA's previous - often ridiculous - statements on them since 2013.

Note the reference at the end to a new Facebook Group that advocates for eMTB trail access in New England. I heartily urge all New England riders to join, if you haven't already.

NEMBA's new Executive Director, Travis Counsell, also invited eMTBers to join a Zoom Forum on Sat Feb 20 at 5pm eastern. I believe NEMBA hired him in part because of his willingness to work with e-mountainbikers - the prior ED outright rejected such overtures, and lost at least a few members (like me) as a result.

For anyone not on Facebook, you can sign up to join the Zoom meeting by emailing [email protected]

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles