Hello from Australia, Loving my Fuel Exe 8 T-Type. Very capable bike.

Dylan-Cortado

Mar 5, 2024
Australia
Welcome along, where abouts in Oz are you based, and what sort of stuff are you designing up for MTBs, do they also work on EMTBs?
Hey @Husky430, I'm based in Bathurst NSW, my main trails are in Orange on Mount Canobolas.

The products that I design are kind of universal for both EMTB and MTB.

I 3D print most of them at the moment but would love to grow into my sole employment. E.g. Custom mudguards for Fox 36/38, Magura to AXS ShiftPod adaptor, Other tool adaptors, Fork Mounts for Vans etc. Heaps more ideas to come, just need to get the time.

If you're ever in the area be sure to reach out and I can show you some great places to ride.

s658998818875896101_p5_i25_w1080.png
s658998818875896101_p7_i1_w1536.jpeg
s658998818875896101_p6_i1_w1536.jpeg

Canyon Shawn

Feb 4, 2023
Lake Sherwood, California
OP, I have an idea that you might be interested in. I don’t understand why SRAM has this huge pod thing hanging off the bars, so you can change gears. Someone needs to develop something much smaller, that sits on the bar, but doesn’t hang off of it. I’m envisioning something just like the power mode switch that’s on the left side of the bar on the EXe.

Dylan-Cortado

Mar 5, 2024
Australia
OP, I have an idea that you might be interested in. I don’t understand why SRAM has this huge pod thing hanging off the bars, so you can change gears. Someone needs to develop something much smaller, that sits on the bar, but doesn’t hang off of it. I’m envisioning something just like the power mode switch that’s on the left side of the bar on the EXe.
Yeah I get what you mean. It does hang down fairly low. I've gotten used to it but have hit my knee on it a few times and ghost shifted. Luckily Transmission does it's job.

I do like the TQ mode switch for sure. It'd be cool to get something like that as a shifter.

There is a swiss company, Zirbel that does gripshift controllers, kinda cool.

I guess sram would just point you in the direction of their older style axs shifters (which are compatible) and ask you to pay the premium. :(

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles