Hello EMTBWorld from Bulgaria

l3moncho

Nov 28, 2021
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hello folks,
I used to race enduro and do long XC, but time has change and I got on the dark side 👾 🌚

I hope, I'm not the only one from Bulgaria(bellow posts)

Anyone else from Bulgaria here?

Hi all , i am from Sofia ,Bulgaria . Riding mtb for a while and now I’m interested on emtb. It’s great to be part of this forum

Greetings

and

For some reason i am the only one "smart" enough to have moved to Bulgaria.. I am the only one in east europe ;-( There are tons of amazing trails, and nature in Bulgaria.. Come on over!!

and

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
As you have answered your own question ..it would appear not 😁
How about posting some pics of your bike & trails to show us what we are missing ..
Welcome..
Ps I've always known the dark side to be riding a road bike ..Where's the fun in that ..🤔

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I have ridden in Bansko in the summer & Skied there many times in the winter on holiday, was a few years ago 7-8 I biked there

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
It was good but I was there 2014 am sure a lot has changed. I was also there early in season used to have a property out there. Met guys from IMB mag out there whilst riding, was shown around by local guy, only had 1 days riding as only there long weekend & bike wasn’t put on my flight!!

l3moncho

Nov 28, 2021
Sofia, Bulgaria
As you have answered your own question ..it would appear not
How about posting some pics of your bike & trails to show us what we are missing ..
Welcome..
Ps I've always known the dark side to be riding a road bike ..Where's the fun in that ..

IMG_6202.jpg

This is my beautiful bike at one of trails located on south slopes of Sofia.

Sofia is easy reachable with plenty of flights and you got
- North trails at Vitosha which are quite cold at the moment
- South slope which are good till almost all winter

Thing is trails are not that often maintained and there is no local club in the capital.
Countrywide there are great options such as:
Bansko
Blagoevgrad
Sliven
Petrich

Climbs are mostly dirt roads or asphalt, but you can use imagination.
My fav south trail is

Photo actually is on trail head

l3moncho

Nov 28, 2021
Sofia, Bulgaria
How was Bansko for riding. Worth the travel just for that resort ?

Bansko is great for beginners to intermediate riders
Almost all(except one) of the trails are bellow the national park line, cuz in it you can’t touch shit
I have shaped things there with local club which is great.
There is plenty of Englishman’s over there and good local community.

Retrotomo

Oct 14, 2021
Scottish Borders
That’s really cool. Are you able to ride on footpaths up in the mountains without any problems/laws? Or do you have to stay away from footpaths and walkers?

l3moncho

Nov 28, 2021
Sofia, Bulgaria
That’s really cool. Are you able to ride on footpaths up in the mountains without any problems/laws? Or do you have to stay away from footpaths and walkers?

At the moment there is no issues and we all share trails.
Some are explicitly only for Bikers especially on North side where is a lot more steep and most of the tourist go.
Every now and then are entry tourist, but there is no law to ban you.
On other hand in national parks you are not supposed to touch anything and you only need to stick to trails, as well not being with combustion engine.
No rules for emtb at this point

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles