Hello šŸ‘‹šŸ¼ 2022 is emtb year!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Welcome to the Forum! :)

One of the often repeated recommendations for your first emtb is to buy locally. That will give you support when things go wrong. If you have imported the bike then you will have to parcel it up and ship it back to wherever it came from. You will be without the bike for ages, only perhaps to find they send it back with "no fault found" marked on the shipping documentation. Also don't forget that since Brexit, shipping stuff back and forth between the EU and the UK is not as simple or as quick as it used to be.

I have taken my bike back to the people I bought the bike from in the UK with a problem that I could not fix. Only for them to have fixed it while I was walking towards the door! Describing intermittent problems is a whole lot easier when you have the technician in front of you. Once they caught me in the carpark to say it was fixed, only for it to fail again while they were demonstrating it. If that had been a bike shipped back to Germany......

The absence of a language barrier is a massive bonus. When you are upset at unexplained delays and are telephoning or emailing to remonstrate, all of a sudden you will discover that the person who speaks English is having a week off.

My first emtb was bought from a UK dealer, but they were 90 mins away. That seems close, but it is a 3 hour round trip excluding messing about at the dealer to explain what you need etc. If the fix is relatively quick, then it makes sense to hang about, but what if they don't do a booking in system, or if it takes longer than estimated to fix? You could be there for hours, or you face two round trips. Believe me, the closer the better.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Hello, new member here. I havenā€™t got an ebike yet but this is the year. Top of the list is the Scor 4060 LT. just need to get one to the U.K.
I'm assuming you mean the 4060 Z LT..
Otherwise you will be buying an mtb ..not an emtb ?
XT or SLX ?
Quite a bit of money to take a punt on ..
Screenshot_20211228-132340_Chrome.jpg

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply Steve! Good advice and some points I will take note of. My purchase decision will come down to many factors. Availability is probably going to be the most important looking into 2022. Besides that my first emtb needs to be more than just being able to buy locally although that is important. The bike needs to tick all the boxes I want. Which include value for money, specification level, 29er, battery size, brand and looks (Yes that is important to me). I have tested many bikes over the last 18 months and few if any are there just yet. I am willing to compromise on one or two things but I know what is important to me. The Brexit mess has thrown a spanner in the works but it would not put me off buying from Europe. Obviously warranty issues and the possibility of having to send a bike back are on the negatives list but I like to look on the positive side of things.
I also still have a couple of analogue bikes that can keep me going if I do decide to buy from outside of the U.K. Having said all of that I do have an amazing local ish bike shop who has never let me down so I will see what happens šŸ˜Š

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
I'm assuming you mean the 4060 Z LT..
Otherwise you will be buying an mtb ..not an emtb ?
XT or SLX ?
Quite a bit of money to take a punt on ..
View attachment 78883
Yes apologies thatā€™s what I meant! This is like being corrected by my wife šŸ˜‚
I would be happy with either. Isnā€™t any bike an expensive punt? Life is too short not to take risks now and then.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles