Helkama XE11

tomik

Apr 17, 2020
Finland
I've had my eyes on Helkama XE11 for a while now (XE11 - Helkamavelox, sorry for the Finnish only site, click the second tab "Lisätiedot" to see the specifications).

I've had Haibike HardSeven 10.0 a year ago which felt awesome, but unfortunately had to return it due to anti-theft/GPS system malfunctions.

How does Helkama compare to HardSeven 10.0? Yamaha PW-X vs Shimano E8000? I think Yamaha had 80Nm compared to E8000 70Nm, will I notice the difference? Forks? Other components?

Unfortunately I cannot afford HardSeven 10.0 prices at the moment :(

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Haven't seen these before but could be interesting to compare what is available in dual suspension for the same price like this.

COMMENCAL 2019 | META POWER 29 ESSENTIAL FOX 2019

19METAPW29EGR_2000.jpg

While checking the website I came across this carbon framed bike. It looks kind of familiar but I just can't exactly recall...

Macina Prowler Master - Helkamavelox

ktm_macinaprowlermaster.jpg

Last edited:

tomik

Apr 17, 2020
Finland
Commencal could be an interesting choice, but I'm a bit skeptical about the rear shock. I've never ridden even a decent full suspension bike and if I cannot afford one should it be considered at all instead of a good hard tail? I know the budget parts will eventually start to bother me :D

The KTM is way too expensive, nice specs though.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Commencal could be an interesting choice, but I'm a bit skeptical about the rear shock. I've never ridden even a decent full suspension bike and if I cannot afford one should it be considered at all instead of a good hard tail? I know the budget parts will eventually start to bother me :D

The KTM is way too expensive, nice specs though.
My apologies - me stoopid - I posted the wrong link!

COMMENCAL 2019 | META POWER 29 ESSENTIAL FOX 2019

Fox front & rear

Also the only reason I linked the KTM is it's resemblance - or maybe homage paid - to maybe a certain Spesh machine & 'upscaled' to carbon?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles