Heckler > 2018 Levo

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
Not apples to apples but I rented the Heckler last weekend and a 2018 Turbo Levo this past weekend. I pretty much preferred the Heckler in every category. I've never ridden a more current Levo so I only know what I read here...I assume they're better.

I think the Levo had the 1.3 Brose motor and 500 W/Hr, but I'm not totally sure and the LBS didn't know (about their own bike).

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
Not sure what your asking or trying to point out from your post, but I have to ask why has your lbs still got a 2018 bike as a demo? Yes 2018 Levo‘s were fitted the 1.3 brose motor. It also ran 2.8 Width 27.5+ tyres, which will make it ponderous compared to a more normal width tyres on the SC or the latest Levo.
I really struggle with Heckler costing so much, they make the much maligned Levo look like a bargain, which is a definite 1st. I particularly hate the limited 500wh battery, maybe not a show stopped for most, but when a lot of the competition all have larger batteries, or extended options, it suggest a lack of fore thought to me. SC do tend to know what there doing handling wise, so maybe that the saving grace?

..But I’d still suggest trying a new Levo (& a Rail/Sight/as many as you can) for a proper comparison.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Agree with above post.
The 2019 levo is a completely different bike to the 2018.
I personally wouldn't buy this years Heckler.
Next years one for sure will have the new shimano motor and option for a bigger battery if required.

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
There is no inventory in my area. The bike shop was not very informed on their product...at least not the dudes I spoke with. I thought I was renting the new Levo, which is why I signed up, but when I got there I learned that their rental bikes were the 2018s...so I took it anyway. I still had great fun, I'm new to the e-bike game and I'm still not used to being able to ride up so easily.

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
Yeah stock seems to be issue most places, but still surprising the shop had kept hold of the Levo’s so long & unfortunate that you were not informed. They are great fun, totally revolutionised my riding, good luck looking

AZRickD

Jan 21, 2020
Arizona
Pickin's are slim.

I bought the Heckler because I have recently become a Bronson fan (new linkage version, I didn't like the old-style) and I prefer 27.5 wheels on an eBike.

On an analog I prefer 29. And I have owned more Specialized bikes than any other (my main bike is a Stumpy World Cup Hardtail).
I liked the Specialized Levos that I tested (three of them, plus the SL), I just didn't love them.

Grizzy

Mar 10, 2020
TX
Almost went for a heckler as well. Landed on a levo sl.

Heckler handling was better, but I live in a flat place and overpowering the shimano motor was like the bike just slowly entered a sand pit. Dont want to mess with deristricting, but do want to go past 20 on my own.

It looks like we're still a bit out from a high torque motor with no perceivable drag.

The SC handled great for a 50lb bike. Can imagine not caring if there was an sc Mullet aimed at the E-duro market though.

Biano44

Oct 7, 2020
Charnwood
I've just received mine this week......Went for the S spec in the end. I had bought a Trek Powerfly 9.7 LT last September but after 2 motors in 1600 miles and it needing another one I got a full refund instead.
To be fair, I never got on with it. Seemed poorly designed. And then the motor was poor on top.

The Heckler is in a different ball park altogether. Better designed, better built and the "old" Shimano seems OK.
I did test ride the Levo Expert as well.......It's a much better motor battery option but the SC is a much better bike I believe.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles