Headtube Bearings

Chriss111

Jan 16, 2020
Sweden
I have made some upgrades on my 730 e-spark (2018) and one of them was a fork upgrade from Rock Shox entry level to a Fox 34 Factory 2020.

Is there anyone here who have changed the cheap open ball bearings to real sealed ones?
There is also a play between the race crown and fork steerer tube.

I have no clue where to start and would really like some advice...
I'll attach picture of the ball bearings, race crown and other "seals"? to mount the fork

Thanks..

RaceCrown_Kullager.JPG

Blue Moon

Apr 17, 2019
North Manchester
Check out cane creek or Chris king site. You’ll need to measure them to see if you can get a non generic replacement.
Had bearings fail on my 1st emtb, an e-scale 930. My LBS put a set of Hope bearings in. They did say the std fit bearings were poor quality. No idea of spec etc, sorry.

Chriss111

Jan 16, 2020
Sweden
After a search I found the following page: Scott E-Spark & Spark eRide Spares | Westbrook Cycles and according to the specs the headset measurements should be (Syncros Headset) ZS44/28.6 - ZS55/40 so I ordered it with high expectations that this is it...

Yesterday I got the new Syncros hreadset. Removed the lower old cup from the frame and took the new new and realized that I could fit it by hand! Ooooo!! This can't be right so I messuared the old one and got 56mm in diamenter. WTF!

I have now ordered Cane Creek headset 110 ZS44/28.6 | ZS56/40

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles