headphones.. (inear) when riding mt

Razorx

Jul 24, 2022
Sweden
I´ve been using inear headphones for the last 5 years when riding... I love listening to podcast and so on.
Now i lost one of my earbuds so i need to get a new pair.

What headphones are you guys like? I want no windnoice ofcourse.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I´ve been using inear headphones for the last 5 years when riding... I love listening to podcast and so on.
Now i lost one of my earbuds so i need to get a new pair.

What headphones are you guys like? I want no windnoice ofcourse.
I ride with apple airpod pro2. Use transparency mode all the time for being able to hear traffic and other trail users.

I'm lucky in that I use a Fox dropframe pro that has ear protection in front so wind noise is greatly reduced

Armor11

Dec 26, 2022
BC, Canada
I've been using the Jabra elite active 75t for years now. Great for noise cancelation and have never felt like they would fall out of my ears whether biking, running or working out. Not sure about the new styles but I would definitely buy another Jabra product. Bought my wife some Active elite 5 last year and she seems to be very happy with them as well.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I'm an Airpod 2 Pro user too - riding in transparency mode.

I actually bought little wings / hooks for mine to hold them in better. I don't really need them, but it gives me a better sense of security. They cost about £3 from ebay and slip on in about 10 seconds. The only downside is you've got to put them on / take them off to get them in the charging case.

For 6 months of the year I'm wearing a skull cap under my helmet, which holds them in even better with no risk of falling out.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
images.png

I use some skull candy blue tooth ones like these, cheap and small so don't snag on your helmet when putting it on and off.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
I just throw my phone in my pack and play my Spotify list from my phone speakers and no headphones, that way I can still clearly hear my surroundings and others as well as my music and I don’t have to worry about losing headphones or earbuds either.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
I use the AirPod Pro 2 also but run them in noise canceling mode the majority of the time. Or actually, they are in that new automatic mode so when my riding partners pull up and start talking to me, they automatically go into transparency. The earlier AirPods had wind noise, but the pro 2 never does.

I am pretty sure they are illegal to use where I live and in most US states.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I ride shox headset, I use the free swim that is a mp3 because I have killed a couple ear buds with sweat. The free swim are totally sealed….. shox has several units that are blue tooth capable.

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
I have some BOSE glasses with speakers in and I absolutely love them. You can hear traffic adequately, take calls etc etc.

I found earbuds to be too insulatory from the outside world (bike noises as well as traffic)

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Wait, so blasting music in nature and forcing others to hear it is ... "conservative?" Seriously? Did you literally say that being cognizant and respectful of others is "liberal?"

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Wait, so blasting music in nature and forcing others to hear it is ... "conservative?" Seriously? Did you literally say that being cognizant and respectful of others is "liberal?"
Listen, I didn’t say I blasted my music on a boom box, I listen to it on my phone which is in my pack so I can safely hear my surroundings and others. If that hurts your feelings as I pass by for 5 seconds, maybe you should stay home in your safe space, or you can join sean in his.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Now back to the thread, the wife says she greatly prefers her Beats in-ears which sit fully in the ear, because for her ear type, the AirPods tend to loosen up. She says no amount of shaking will loosen the Beats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Canyon Shawn

Feb 4, 2023
Lake Sherwood, California
I wear Shokz bone conduction headphones. I don’t need to listen to music while I ride. But I can use them for navigation, to take a call or make a call, like when I fell and broke 5 ribs. I ended up riding home. But, I let my girlfriend know what happened. They fit nicely under my full face helmet and I don’t feel them at all when I ride. Most importantly, I can hear everything around me.

El Grifo

Apr 4, 2023
Islas Canarias
I agree 100%.
I love my music, but love more the sound of my ride over the different surfaces and the ambient sounds of the areas I ride through.
That and the safety factor !

Canyon Shawn

Feb 4, 2023
Lake Sherwood, California
I have a real problem when encountering runners on shared paths using headphones and unable to hear bikes approaching. With this in mind I never use headphones when riding.
It’s satisfying when you ride up on these idiots, let them know you are going to pass and they get the shit scared out of them because they can’t hear you.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I use the bose quietcomfort ultra's.
They have amazing if not the best noice canceling wich filter out some wind but not all(depending on how windy it is) and their sound is great.
I think no earbud no matter what will filter out all the wind noice on a very windy day, as the mics pick up wind.
Only way would be if you can disable all the mics in whatever mode

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
I have tried a couple times to listen to music while riding. At the end of the day, I noticed I couldn't even remeber hearing the music. I am too busy watching the trail and not smoking into a tree or bouncing off a rock or root to even listen. If I REALLY tried to lsten to the music, I rode like shit.

El Grifo

Apr 4, 2023
Islas Canarias
I have tried a couple times to listen to music while riding. At the end of the day, I noticed I couldn't even remeber hearing the music. I am too busy watching the trail and not smoking into a tree or bouncing off a rock or root to even listen. If I REALLY tried to lsten to the music, I rode like shit.

El Grifo

Apr 4, 2023
Islas Canarias
On the subject of Smokin !
Last time I had a fattie while on a ride left me with not a lot of skin on the right side of my face !
Sometime in the 80's if memory serves :cool:

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA

...??? Why would anyone TRY to listen to music? How would you remember it...ever? I'm perplexed, and amused by how different human minds work. I mostly play something with a beat and it keeps time for me in a way, and makes me more focused on the ride. Of course I don't remember the music--why would I try to? Music also makes me ride a motorcycle better. I do have mild ADHD/autism.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles