has anyone got the Trailwatts - Focus Ebike 252wh Booster Pack

May 4, 2018
Canberra
Hi

Iv'e got a 2019 9.6 Jam2 with the 378 battery...and while I very rarely run it down I'm thinking of an extender..but dislike the look of the Focus TEC pack. (also a few reviews say ride performance goes out the window with the wide-ish TEC pack).

What are peoples experience with the trailwatts 252wh booster

cheers

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I have.

I bought my Jam 2 three years ago, with a TEC pack, which is great for all day rides, e.g. the Cut Gate/Doctors Gate circuit at Ladybower, but boy, is it bulky and ugly.

I then decided to try an EBooz 252 wh extender. When this eventually turned up the design was really nice but the build quality was poor and possibly dangerous. I used and continually repaired it for a couple of years but never really had confidence in it so I gave the Trailwatts 252 wh one a go. Delivery was swift and the build quality is first class. In theory it gives the Jam a total of 630 wh but I find that it cuts out with two bars still showing, so I have then to switch to the main battery. Strangely though, if I reconnect the extender later in the ride there is still plenty of power in it. I have only used it on three rides so far, as I have other bikes, so I may be doing something wrong and not using correctly, but I do have confidence in it and it definitely solves the range anxiety problem which I found was a real issue with the 378 wh battery.

I just wish manufacturers would employ extenders more, rather than whacking great big 750 wh+ batteries into bikes meaning you are carrying lots of extra ballast on many rides for no good reason.

I would recommend one as the MK 1 Jam 2 is a great bike which just lacks a bit of range for many people.,

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I've got one, used it six or seven times, very basic in terms of how it connects, no capacity info displayed on the Shimano display, just the lights on the battery itself, unless I'm doing something wrong...

Top tip though, use it before the built in battery discharges completely, if that happens then the bike won't recognise it being there and won't work, unless I'm doing something wrong... 😄

Well made though and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

I ordered an E-booz one previously, what a bunch of c***s they are, no communication after weeks of me trying to contact them, had to claim money back from my credit card company in the end.

May 4, 2018
Canberra
I have.

I bought my Jam 2 three years ago, with a TEC pack, which is great for all day rides, e.g. the Cut Gate/Doctors Gate circuit at Ladybower, but boy, is it bulky and ugly.

I then decided to try an EBooz 252 wh extender. When this eventually turned up the design was really nice but the build quality was poor and possibly dangerous. I used and continually repaired it for a couple of years but never really had confidence in it so I gave the Trailwatts 252 wh one a go. Delivery was swift and the build quality is first class. In theory it gives the Jam a total of 630 wh but I find that it cuts out with two bars still showing, so I have then to switch to the main battery. Strangely though, if I reconnect the extender later in the ride there is still plenty of power in it. I have only used it on three rides so far, as I have other bikes, so I may be doing something wrong and not using correctly, but I do have confidence in it and it definitely solves the range anxiety problem which I found was a real issue with the 378 wh battery.

I just wish manufacturers would employ extenders more, rather than whacking great big 750 wh+ batteries into bikes meaning you are carrying lots of extra ballast on many rides for no good reason.

I would recommend one as the MK 1 Jam 2 is a great bike which just lacks a bit of range for many people.,
I have.

Thanks for the reply. Yours and another recommendation is likely to sway me. I have been in contract with Trailwatts and they replied straight away which gives me confidence...lets see what the shipping time to Australia is.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles