Has anybody done the magnet on crank hack

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi all I know it's frowned upon and normally 15.5mph is fine for most my to riding but there's a few trails that it would be a massive advantage s mate has a levo with planetary device on but it's £100 plus I just want to try it see if it works by putting sensor on chainstay and magnet in crank does it throw up error codes ?

funnel

May 15, 2020
World
I did it on the Fathom e+3. It can show the error red led if you hold the crank magnet over the same spot on the sensor for some time. But it doesn't affect anything and you just reboot the rideone and it disappears.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi so as long as u don't leave the magnet next to the sensor it's fine ? How do u reboot controller just turn off back on ?

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi unbolt the sensor with a security tool very cheap then lift it and turn it cable tie it to the top of the chainstay inline with the crank where the pedal screws in get a 10x3 rare earth magnet again cheap but God are they strong stick it to the pedal axle job done ? I run out of gears about 25mph I'm running 34t up front and 11-36 rear ?hope that helps

Hi unbolt the sensor with a security tool very cheap then lift it and turn it cable tie it to the top of the chainstay inline with the crank where the pedal screws in get a 10x3 rare earth magnet again cheap but God are they strong stick it to the pedal axle job done ? I run out of gears about 25mph I'm running 34t up front and 11-36 rear ?hope that helps
So the cable on your bike was outside the chain stay right? On my bike the sensor cable is inside the chain stay. To get the sensor in the right place I have to open the motor disconnect the cable and pull it out of the chain stay and put every thing in place again. Sounds not to be a 5 minute job.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi my sensor was on the inside of the chainstay u r moving the sensor closer to the motor so u should have plenty cable ? I cable tied the sensor to the top of the chainstay inline with pedal axle took me 5-10 mins ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles