Handlebar grip… silly question!

Danoptic

Jul 4, 2023
Nottingham
Hi!
I have a Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC SLX 2023 and has the Newmen Advanced 318.25, Carbon, 780mm handlebars Link to bike here

I’m looking to replace the grips on the handlebars but I’m confused if it’s one size fits all as the once’s I’m looking at on Amazon gives a side saying they fit handlebars below 2.22cm?

Link here

Could anyone explain!?

Also if those grips aren’t any good any recommendations would be great! Looking to get a set or black/orange pedals and the same for the grips.

Thanks

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Standard bar diameter is 22mm or 2.2cm.
2.22cm is 22.2mm. That 0.2mm oversize is less than 4 one-thousandths of an inch either side. I guess that 22.2mm is the diameter of the inside of the grip. That gives you a tolerance so that they fit onto your 22mm bars without you needing to force them on. I assume that these are lock on grips, in which case you do will not have a problem with them coming off.

PS: The link didn't work for me.

Danoptic

Jul 4, 2023
Nottingham
Standard bar diameter is 22mm or 2.2cm.
2.22cm is 22.2mm. That 0.2mm oversize is less than 4 one-thousandths of an inch either side. I guess that 22.2mm is the diameter of the inside of the grip. That gives you a tolerance so that they fit onto your 22mm bars without you needing to force them on. I assume that these are lock on grips, in which case you do will not have a problem with them coming off.

PS: The link didn't work for me.
Thank you!

The link should work now

RiderOnTheStorm

@Danoptic, grip diameter for eMTB is generally standardized, but grip length can vary. You could always measure your grip size and compare before ordering new ones.

To help decide on grip brand/model, take a look at this other thread, where many good options are mentioned:

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
@Danoptic, grip diameter for eMTB is generally standardized, but grip length can vary. You could always measure your grip size and compare before ordering new ones.

To help decide on grip brand/model, take a look at this other thread, where many good options are mentioned:

ODI Reflex grips have a couple outside diameters so you can see which fit your hand size best. I find they work well, wet or dry, absorb chatter and still give trail feedback.

Nick314

Jun 9, 2022
Monmouthshire
I fitted revGrip Pros yesterday...£99.99...I know, right!! What I couldn't find was any larger ones than the S/M/L that most seem to do. These guys seems to go another 3-4mm over...which makes all the difference, plus they're held off the bar, so almost mo vibration/shock.

Well worth it, the damping is off the scale and I'd pay that again!!
Cyclorise.com stock them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles