Hail Satan for tubeless!

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
This would've ruined my 25 mile ride yesterday if I had tubes. Just noticed when cleaning bike tonight.

I heard a loud pop from the rear, like I usually do and thought it was just a rock being pinged. Might've been the thorn.

Hail Satan for Muc-off sealant (in my case). Removed the thorn, rotated wheel so hole was at the bottom and let it seal.

Pumped it up a bit (it was slightly low anyway) and all good. No trying to remove these tight tyres from my rims somewhere inconvenient to repair a tube.

Go tubeless folks, is the moral of the story.

PS, there's several more thorns in each tyre but they're flush with the rubber so I've just left them. Been fine for 6 months like that.

IMG20200620174420.jpg

IMG20200620174740.jpg

Last edited:

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
This would've ruined my 25 mile ride yesterday if I had tubes. Just noticed when cleaning bike tonight.

I heard a loud pop from the rear, like I usually do and thought it was just a rock being pinged. Might've been the thorn.

Hail Satan for Muc-off sealant (in my case). Removed the thorn, rotated wheel so hole was at the bottom and let it seal.

Pumped it up a bit (it was slightly low anyway) and all good. No trying to remove these tight tyres from my rims somewhere inconvenient to repair a tube.

Go tubeless folks, is the moral of the story.

PS, there's several more thorns in each tyre but they're flush with the rubber so I've just left them. Been fine for 6 months like that.

View attachment 33992

View attachment 33993

2002 is on the phone and is asking specifically for you.?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles