Haibike AllMtn 5.0 or NDURO 5.0 ?

cazrack

Jul 5, 2020
Earth
Hi

If you where to choose between Haibike AllMtn 5.0 or NDURO 5.0 which would it be?

Thanks for any replies

cazrack

Jul 5, 2020
Earth
Well I used the range calculator and it kills it for me, since I want longer range.

1596616672071.png

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Hmmm that's not much range, the Flyon motor I guess, so much torque, it's going to suck the battery. What about one of the Bosch-powered Haibikes, like the

XDURO AllMtn 3.5

give you better range, especially if you get a range extender as well

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
Based upon my experience of the Flyon, that is probably a fair assessment of likely range. It does take you up the steepest of hills though :)

Actually, I just noticed the power setting on the graph is in “high”. If that is throughout the trip then I think 31 km is on the very upper range limit.

cazrack

Jul 5, 2020
Earth
Hmmm that's not much range, the Flyon motor I guess, so much torque, it's going to suck the battery. What about one of the Bosch-powered Haibikes, like the

XDURO AllMtn 3.5

give you better range, especially if you get a range extender as well

Yes you are correct, I will make a new thread.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
The all mountain, because it seems more of an all rounder and more realistic for where most of us ride. The enduro is really capable for whistler type riding - how many of us have that? After a quick look I'd probably prefer the all mountain 2. Better gearing and I don't want / need all the power and battery of the 5's. And it's aluminium - easier to live with. And it's cheaper but enough to suit my needs. Possibly the am 3 because it's a mullet and integrated battery. I'm leaning toward the 3. Mullet, better size tyres, integrated battery - all improvements over the 2.

Last edited:

cazrack

Jul 5, 2020
Earth
Well I guess I under estimated the ECO mode power, it will probobly be enough for 25 kmh in all kind of flats even with headwind.

1596648435488.png

remosito

Aug 25, 2020
switzerland
cadence sub 60 is bad for range on most motors I thought.

And yes. Flyon support modes are all heavily shifted compared to other motors. For hilly terrain I doubt you'll really need the upper 2 modes at all.

as for allmtn versus nduro:

Definitely the allmtn for me between the two. I doubt I will ever get to the point where my downhill skills and fearlessness will even get close to what even the allmtn can handle with ease. And it has better geometry for climbing. As far as i can judge these things at least....

Nduro is even more casting pearls to the pigs...

If it existed with flyon I'd get a fullniner...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles