Haibike 8.0 exduro 2020 chip or app to derestrict

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
I've used this company for my Yamaha powered Haibike as it doesn't affect the display and was easy to fit.

Looks like you may need to contact them depending on your bike's model year, but when I had a query they responded promptly.

Swissete

May 6, 2020
Spain
I've just contated them and looks like their chip for the Flyon works. Any further experience from anybody?

Tyrrell

May 21, 2020
Dorset
I bought my Haibike Alt Mtm from the e mountain bike shop, if you buy your bike from them then for £175 they fit before delivery to you.

They do not provide the tuning box for bikes not supplied from them though.

It really makes the bike though, as the TQ motor is so powerful you can cycle along the flat at an indicated 30mph no problem on private land.

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
For what it's worth I'm pretty happy with bikespeed.de for my Yamaha. Someone recommended them to me a few years back, been using the chip since April 2017 without a problem.

Nickyhammers

Jul 6, 2020
South London
I've just contated them and looks like their chip for the Flyon works. Any further experience from anybody?
I’ve just ordered the RS chip for my 8.0 . Will let you know what it’s like when it arrives. It’s the first time I’ve had to actually plug into the wiring as always used Badass boxes on my previous bikes.

Steve h

Apr 18, 2020
Chalford
I have the bikespeed rs chip on my alltrail 6 and it works fine. Weirdly I’m getting better mileage out of the battery. Didn’t expect that! Had a few issues to start though but this turned out to be the plugs! Just make sure they are well and truly pushed together!

Nickyhammers

Jul 6, 2020
South London
thats good to hear, they seem like a good company that knows what they are talking about. Did you heat shrink the connections? Just worried about damp getting in the joints .

Steve h

Apr 18, 2020
Chalford
thats good to hear, they seem like a good company that knows what they are talking about. Did you heat shrink the connections? Just worried about damp getting in the joints .
No I didn’t. To be honest it never crossed my mind!! I did spray the connectors with water repellent designed for electrical connections though. Be careful when putting the motor back in to make sure the gasket is seated properly.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
The connectors are the same quality as the originals so I don't think that will an issue. However I did put the tuning unit into a small bag and then used electrical tape to seal that before carefully pushing it and the extra loom up out of the way in the downtube. I also pushed some bubble wrap up there to stop any rattles.

Swissete

May 6, 2020
Spain
Looks promising, I can see here at least two people who derestricted the Flyon? What's the full experience?
- Was it a complex installation?
- Any issues so far? how many kms driven already?
- is it just removing the limit at 25km/h or can you move it to for instance 35km/h? GPS speed and kms driven are still correctly measured'
- Any other functionality?

I'm close to 1000kms driven in my Haibike AllMtn 8.0 and seriously thinking of purchasing it.

Nickyhammers

Jul 6, 2020
South London
Looks promising, I can see here at least two people who derestricted the Flyon? What's the full experience?
- is it just removing the limit at 25km/h or can you move it to for instance 35km/h? GPS speed and kms driven are still correctly measured'

I'm close to 1000kms driven in my Haibike AllMtn 8.0 and seriously thinking of purchasing it.
As soon as I get the kit fitted I will update you. I believe it doesn’t affect any of the functions and completely removes the 25 km limit . If it’s anything like the Badass box on my other bike the only limit is really the gearing you run. Will update as soon as arrives.

Tyrrell

May 21, 2020
Dorset
In my opinion it really makes the bike, on the flat with the standard 38 front chain ring it will pedal at 28/30 mph in Extreme mode, in Mid mode 24 mph again on the flat.

When my front chain ring wears out I’m going to change it for the 42 version, I just love being able to ride right through the restriction at 15 mph and the bike just keeps piling on the speed in all terrains situations.

For me the bike with 120 NM of Torque the standard bike is just begging to be de restricted, once you have tried it you will not go back.

Steve h

Apr 18, 2020
Chalford

Installation was relatively easy, only issue was I needed to push the connectors a bit firmer together, first trip out I kept getting an error message. Has been fine since I redid the connectors. About 100miles with it fitted so far. The only other thing to watch is the O ring style gasket on the motor, getting it to stay in the correct position when refitting the motor is a pain! The kit does just remove the 15.5mph limit but if you want to peddle much over 20mph you would need to change the chainring! Speed and mileage is still accurate.

RapidDog

Jul 10, 2020
Acton Ca
For what it’s worth I just installed a Speedbox 2.0 on my Yamaha PW-X 7.0 Xduro and I’m loving it. So far 32mph cranking downhill. Time for a bigger chain ring...

Nickyhammers

Jul 6, 2020
South London
So my Bike Speed RS chip arrived Saturday. Very clear instructions, just a bit fiddly routing the cable from headtube end down to the motor. The quality of connectors was first class . Once installed it works exactly as hoped, all features work and now no cut out of support at 15mph. With the standard gearing you hit around 28mph on the flat maxed out and I didn’t even get into the top level of support. Great upgrade , very happy boy !

Swissete

May 6, 2020
Spain
So my Bike Speed RS chip arrived Saturday. Very clear instructions, just a bit fiddly routing the cable from headtube end down to the motor. The quality of connectors was first class . Once installed it works exactly as hoped, all features work and now no cut out of support at 15mph. With the standard gearing you hit around 28mph on the flat maxed out and I didn’t even get into the top level of support. Great upgrade , very happy boy !

What was your Haibike model? Flyon motor or other?

Nickyhammers

Jul 6, 2020
South London
I have the RS version not RSC , I believe they are both able to be switched on and off . the difference being the RS is switched using a preset ”code” of up,down,up,down on the power mode button and the RSC version can have a custom preloaded set of commands to do this.

Swissete

May 6, 2020
Spain
I think there's an added problem. Just checked the website and it says "if having skybeamer 5000 please consult us".... and I have it :D. Hope it continues being compatible.

Swissete

May 6, 2020
Spain
NickyHammers, I've just received the Bikespeed chip. It says the bike may have in the motor either Torx30 or Torx40. Which one is it in our AllMtn 8.0?
Any tips before I start disassembling? :D

Tim Jim Sim

Oct 5, 2020
Stafford UK
I think there's an added problem. Just checked the website and it says "if having skybeamer 5000 please consult us".... and I have it :D. Hope it continues being compatible.
Hi, have you had any problems since fitting the Bikespeed RS? the UK distributor says there can be complications in relation to skybeamer 5000 and I'd like to make this upgrade, tia

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
I have a tuning kit on my Flyon, fitted at purchase by dealer. There is an issue with the Skybeemer light as in they won't work together, it's either light's on and no tuning or the inverse. I understand there is now an updated version of the tuning kit that is compatible with Skybeemer. Switching tuning on and off is simple.

Swissete

May 6, 2020
Spain
I have the kit just purchased 1 month ago and it's fully compatible now with the Skybeemer 5000. I'm derestricted with the ligh on/off with no probs

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles