Kenevo SL Grip 2 Damper upgrade?

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
Hello all,
I’ve done 1200 miles and had my Kenevo SL Comp for nearly a year. Looking at getting the forks serviced and see that you can upgrade to have a grip 2 damper fitted.

Has anyone done this and what’s your thoughts, was it worth it? Did you notice a lot of difference.

I mostly ride Forrest trails, but do have an annual trip in Scotland and the odd rocky ride around Portland.

Thanks

yomoe

Jun 9, 2020
So Cal
Honestly - The upgrade does in fact have more adjustments for fine tunning and does for some reason offer marginally/ very small improvements when it comes to small bumps. However, most who already have the Grip2 damper never really fully use the adjustments as most run the both top dials fully open...or 1-2 clicks in. I would say most do utilize the hi/lo rebound adjustors the most. So, in my opinion is the upgrade worth it??....Nope, its not going to be a night and day difference. I will say if you are upgrading from a 36 to 38 sanctioned fork, then YES, way worth it and a total night and day difference.

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
Depending what you want from the upgrade? I chosed bomber coil to my levo`s 36 fox in first service, wanted more sensitivity and it delivered. At some point I have to probably buy new damper because I have smashed the bottom of the fork and rebound damping adjuster is gone, glad it was fully open so I haven`t missed it 😀. Would I buy grip damper or grip2? Really don`t know, feels stupid to buy the same just because adjustment is broken and in other hand, why buy grip2 if it doesn`t make ao much difference, specially because I like more riding than adjusting….😂

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
Thanks
I will stick with standard for now then and just get a service.

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
Honestly - The upgrade does in fact have more adjustments for fine tunning and does for some reason offer marginally/ very small improvements when it comes to small bumps. However, most who already have the Grip2 damper never really fully use the adjustments as most run the both top dials fully open...or 1-2 clicks in. I would say most do utilize the hi/lo rebound adjustors the most. So, in my opinion is the upgrade worth it??....Nope, its not going to be a night and day difference. I will say if you are upgrading from a 36 to 38 sanctioned fork, then YES, way worth it and a total night and day difference.
Would the 36 fox performance be the same damper as the 38 fox performance? Aside from being a little bit larger.

Cheers

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Would the 36 fox performance be the same damper as the 38 fox performance? Aside from being a little bit larger.

Cheers
Yes, the dampers are the same, though not interchangeable due to stanchion size difference. Mechanically though, identical.

yomoe

Jun 9, 2020
So Cal

Cheers
As far as I know, yes. The Performance Plus is also the same as the Factory, just without the kishima coating on the sanctions

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
As far as I know, yes. The Performance Plus is also the same as the Factory, just without the kishima coating on the sanctions
The Performance Elite forks (or shocks) share the same internals as the Factory kit, just without the Kashima. The Performance forks and shocks don't. However, what the guy asked was whether a Performance 36 has the same damper as a Performance 38, which it does.

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
Hey thanks guys, thats what I thought, I would like to upgrade to a 38mm fork at some stage , just like the idea of the extra strength, I'm a heavy rider and while I don't do jumps the trails do get quite rough here.

Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles