Greetings from Frankfurt Main Germany

probablyfabi

Aug 17, 2021
Frankfurt Main
After a long time of decision making, I finally (pre)ordered my first EMTB, a Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 SL 2022. Still need to wait until January 2022 for the bike to be delivered, but I'm too stoked for the next season.
Cube and Bosch haven’t yet announced what size of battery the bike is going to get but I hope the rumours are true and its gonna be a 750Wh.

probablyfabi

Aug 17, 2021
Frankfurt Main
As it says “Stereo Hybr. 140 HPC SL 750 29”“ on the order confirmation sheet, I would be a bit disappointed if the bike came with anything less than 750Wh.
Before I placed my order, I just assumed that the built in Bosch system would be the same as the previous year. After reading the “750” in the article name I got quite excited. 625Wh would’ve been enough for my needs I guess, but 750Wh seems quite desirable as I also want to do bike-packing and might not need a spare battery then.

probablyfabi

Aug 17, 2021
Frankfurt Main
Definitely 750wh then
I suppose!
But what concerns me, is the rumour that the 750Wh batt might not be removable. I already asked my dealer and he told me that it would be removable, but he could not tell me if it was going to be the same locking mechanism als the previous years or if the battery would be screwed in to place. If I had to use tools rather than a simple key to get the new battery out, I might prefer the 625 instead.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Tool is not really a bad thing. If it is a simple allen key, you can easily take one with you instead of a key.
And if you forget, it, then it is not difficult to get one from another biker or something.
I did a long ride with a friend of mine where we took 2 batteries. He forgot his key and we were up shit creek without a paddle! :poop:

probablyfabi

Aug 17, 2021
Frankfurt Main
Maybe they ditched the old mechanism to make room for a bigger battery. ?

The ability to lock the battery inside the frame is not that important to me, but I hope that I do not have to loosen and tighten a dozen allen bolts when I want to swap my battery on the go.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles