Graham from Berkshire Canyon On8 owner

Grayt1st

Jul 16, 2023
Windsor
Since attempting to install Shimano EP8 firmware update which failed at about 60% my bike won’t turn on, anybody familiar with this issue, is there anything I can do to fix it. The battery is fully charged and I’ve tried removing it and putting it back.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There was a thread about this last week. Might be in the Shimano section or the Canyon section.

But ultimately, there seems to be a problem updating the EP8 firmware with some none Shimano batteries.

I think the fix is to take it to a dealer with a PCE02 and have them flash the firmware via the cable rather than etube - or buy/borrow a pce02.

Grayt1st

Jul 16, 2023
Windsor
I wasn’t confident that I would get a response posting on a forum so I am delighted to say the least, thank you Muppet, I have spoken to Canyon and they’ve said take it to Shimano dealer and they will cover the cost.

Drew502

Feb 14, 2023
Hood River
I recently had the update fail on my 2023 Spectral ON CF8. The bike automatically shut off during the update and then would not turn back on. I had to take to the LBS and have them hook up the Shimano gizmo / laptop and reboot the system at a cost of $35USD. If there is a large update and auto shutoff on the bike after a short period (e.g. 5 minutes) this is an obvious recipe for disaster. Super annoying.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles