GoPro 7 (QUIK). Help?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Is it just me or is the GoPro software really bad?
GoPro Quik seems to be absolutely useless on desktop. - (possibly the worst video editing software ever created?) Worse still if I percevere with it enough to create anything worth sharing the only share options there are Youtube and Facebook (no instagram?)
Quik on android is a little bit better and easier to use and at least has share option for instagram the but only uploads footage from the GoPro to internal storage rather than SD card. This keeps filling my phone's internal memory and crashing the Android OS despite the phone having over 20GB free of a 64GB SD.
I just upgraded to GoPro PLUS for the cloud upload/storage hoping this would help but it doesn't seem like it will solve anything here at all.
I can't even see an option to upload previously uploaded (to Desktop app) media to the cloud. and I can't see any cloud media ???
Seems I can't use the PLUS cloud to free up phone memory and use with QUIK stories either?

Does anyone use this software?
Do you subscribe to PLUS?
Any help appreciated

Last edited:

Tucker

Apr 12, 2018
Hull
i dont use it, i personally found it rubbish and difficult, i use video pad, really easy and straightforward software for editing videos etc. you normally get a free trail with it i think...ive had it for years

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
i use video pad, really easy and straightforward software for editing videos etc. you normally get a free trail with it i think...ive had it for years
Is that a phone App?
Ihave video editting PC Software. What I'd like is an easy/quick way of editing gopro footage from my phone to post to instagram.
What Quik is meant to be (but clearly isn't very good for)

Tucker

Apr 12, 2018
Hull
Is that a phone App?
Ihave video editting PC Software. What I'd like is an easy/quick way of editing gopro footage from my phone to post to instagram.
What Quik is meant to be (but clearly isn't very good for)

no sorry dude its pc software. I'm not aware of any good software for phones

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I'm on iOS and use iMovie but I guess that doesn't help either if you're on Andriod...

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I think Quik might be the only phone app that the gopro will transfer footage to.
I've deleted loads of Apps n stuff from internal memory now that couldn't be moved to SD and have 6GB internal memory free so will try again and see if it works now.
It really does seem like a massive oversight fro Gopro not to include an option to configure memory storage to SD within the app. Qgoogle found plenty other folk moaing about it online.

Thanks for all your suggestions

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles