Good mileage tan wall tires that can do some light trail work (not downhill)?

Savan

Dec 16, 2021
Iowa
Testimonials plz, looking for mileage optimized tan wall tires. The trails i ride locally i can pretty much handle on my analog gravel bike running 38s.

The trails are more fun on mtb but just giving some context for the tire demands. I'm looking for an emtb tire that is optimized for mileage and has a little bit of (easy) trail ability. I'll run separate tires for riding downhill chunky things.

maybe an XC tire?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Why narrow your choice to tan wall?
Depending on your Emtb's rim width you may actually be able to run exactly the same 38mm tyres your gravel bike has

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I'm looking for a Tan Wall tire that I can run Tubeless.

It's for my wife and she said she wants tan wall!
35 rim. At the moment she has Nobby Nic's 2.6. I converted them to tubeless, but found that after a while they didn't hold air any longer. Put the bike in a stream and saw air was coming out of the entire sidewall.
The wife doesn't do downhill!

Savan

Dec 16, 2021
Iowa
I’ve read that chunkiness has an effect on mileage so I am asking for recos for a tire that has shown good mileage and ok trail skills.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Rolling resistance affects range massively.
So just choose something with a lighter more supple casing, harder compound and close shallow dry weather tread patern.
Volume doesn't have as much affect as you might think. Especially when used at suitably fast rolling pressures.

Personally I'd ditch the idea of tan walls. It's only limiting your choice massively.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles