Giant trance 500kw battery cells

lharpel1

Oct 18, 2019
Bristol
Morning all,

I have been trying to find out what cells are in a Trance 500kw battery. I want to look at the option of replacing the cells with higher capacity ones. You must be able to get larger ones so may be it is better to replace them than buy a 3rd party extender.

Any ideas ? I have searched the web with no luck.

lee

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Less hassle to just buy a 625Wh battery isn’t it?

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
Surely, if you feel technically capable of soldering cells, you should be able to open the pack? Also, best take on some life insurance and check your fire policy. Soldering Li-ion cells, even uncharged, isn't without danger.

lharpel1

Oct 18, 2019
Bristol
Thank you both your positive feedback. I am more than capable of opening the battery and looking at the contents, but I thought the idea of a group forum was to share information for the good of all on that forum ? So thought this might be something somebody knows before I open it or look at options for battery's. But I see this is the type of Forum where you cant ask questions that you hope others may know because you will get shot down by members who think they know better.

Again thank for your positive feedback I should have known better, this will be my last post on this forum as I can see it is trolled by people that are very blinkered and not open to learning that things could be made better, or may be worse ! but you never know unless you try regardless if you think it is right or wrong.

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Easy now. I’m sorry you feel trolled... in no way was I questioning your technical prowess. I only posted a link to a battery thinking you might not be aware of it.
Good luck with your battery ?

Dgedge

May 20, 2020
France
I read somewhere that Giant uses Panasonic cells for the batteries but don't know which kind of cells (probably Li-Ion) and which value (probably 18650).
I tried to open the battery on my old Full-E but didn-t manage to do it. If you open your Trance E battery please takes pictures because I would like to know how it is made inside. 500Wh batteries weight more than 625Wh so there must be something different inside.

Yielar

Apr 14, 2019
Kelowna, BC
Morning all,

I have been trying to find out what cells are in a Trance 500kw battery. I want to look at the option of replacing the cells with higher capacity ones. You must be able to get larger ones so may be it is better to replace them than buy a 3rd party extender.

Any ideas ? I have searched the web with no luck.

lee

This is ultra dangerous and highly discouraged. I agree with a fellow member just go buy the 625Wh battery and call it a day

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles